Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Why can't people Makes(or at least thinks) of those crossovers?

So why can't people thinks/makes these crossovers(even as just fanfics):
    1. Mega-Crossovers that at least includes Digimon, Teen Titans(refers to 2003-2006 animated series only, not that 2013 comedy spin-off), Pokemon(refers to anime only), Kingdom Hearts, Happy Tree Friends, Mario, Sonic, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, and Warhammer 40000 altogether
    2. Heroes TV Show and Crysis game franchise

even when these crossovers are involving changing/removing any elements that doesn't work

Weasyl
    Noxid
    because the ancient laws of the universe forbid such an unholy union

Weasyl
    Vae
    Probably because those are very specific to your interests, and people have different interests.

If I wanted a crossover between... say...
    Metroid, Lifeforce, Mass Effect, Blaster Master, and Legend of Dragoon,
    I'd have to write / make that shit, myself.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    Probably because those are very specific to your interests, and people have different interests.

If I wanted a crossover between... say...
    Metroid, Lifeforce, Mass Effect, Blaster Master, and Legend of Dragoon,
    I'd have to write / make that shit, myself.
    I has make crossover between Digimon, Teen Titans, Pokemon, Kingdom Hearts, Happy Tree Friends, Mario, Sonic, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, and Warhammer 40000 as well Heroes TV show and Crysis game franchise here by myself: http://epicxovermovie.webs.com/
    Last edited by Masonicon; 12-03-2014 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    Yeah, it's niche bro. If you're talking official crossovers, it most likely won't happen. BUT people like Sssonic2 frequently do crossovers. I'm not his biggest fan (I follow him for obvious reasons if you look him up). I recall him doing Sonic and MLP crossovers. He draws well enough.

Archie also did a comic series that crossed over Mega Man and Sonic which worked wonders.
    Then there is this on the possibility of Kingdom Hearts III having a Marvel or Star Wars addition. (I'm sorry, I know Kotaku sucks horrendously, but it's the first link)

But yeah, you're going to have to supply yourself with these things if you don't see them yourself. I did the same mixing Darius bosses with Pokemon.
    I'm not just talking about Official Crossovers. thinking Official Crossovers are the only crossovers that ever works is sucks, even official crossovers can be stupid, and here's stupid crossovers that happens as official crossovers: http://www.cracked.com/article_18785...-happened.html http://www.cracked.com/article_18785...ppened_p2.html

and here's the crossovers that unlikely(even as fanfics): Digimon, Teen Titans, Pokemon, Kingdom Hearts, Happy Tree Friends, Mario, Sonic, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, and Warhammer 40000 as well Heroes TV show with Crysis game franchise, so that's why I did it myself

oh yeah how about Batman teams up with Hajime Kindaichi?
    Last edited by Masonicon; 12-03-2014 at 08:30 PM.

If you're talking about crossovers, people make fan crossovers all the time, so you can't really accuse anyone of not making crossovers. I tend to dislike the idea of crossing over A LOT of fandoms because you have to take into account multiple characters, and some sort of world building that makes the crossovers possible. It gets exhausting.

I like some of the official crossovers you can get from producers, like Simpsorama was pretty fun, and the Jimmy Neutron/Fairly Odd Parents meshed surprisingly well. I think it's easier to cross over things when they belong to the same studio or parent company, and really the cost of getting the rights to use characters and a universe is probably the biggest obstacle to crossovers.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuvvums View Post
    I like some of the official crossovers you can get from producers, like Simpsorama was pretty fun, and the Jimmy Neutron/Fairly Odd Parents meshed surprisingly well. I think it's easier to cross over things when they belong to the same studio or parent company
    Gotta agree with this! Idk, the idea of crossovers never really catch my attention, but now and then (officially) when they do it, it's pretty fun.

Weasyl
    TealMoon
    A problem I've noticed with crossover fanfiction is that people try to jam to much into it. Having a crossover with fifty different franchises becomes chaotic and disorganized. Characters have nothing to do (except praise the word traveling mary-sue protagonist that these always seem to have) and with too many different elements it gets confusing.

Especially when people combine to many things with series that are already crossovers, such as Kingdom Hearts or Super Smash Bros.

Quote Originally Posted by TealMoon View Post
    A problem I've noticed with crossover fanfiction is that people try to jam to much into it. Having a crossover with fifty different franchises becomes chaotic and disorganized. Characters have nothing to do (except praise the word traveling mary-sue protagonist that these always seem to have) and with too many different elements it gets confusing.

Especially when people combine to many things with series that are already crossovers, such as Kingdom Hearts or Super Smash Bros.
    it seems that when I makes Mega-Crossovers, I prefers this approaches: giving my favorite characters power upgrades instead of using Mary sue OC(unless in the entry that are initially written by OC owner in question at least in "use the mary sue oc" approach)
    Last edited by Masonicon; 12-05-2014 at 07:39 PM.

Weasyl
    TealMoon
    Quote Originally Posted by Masonicon View Post
    it seems that when I makes Mega-Crossovers, I prefers this approaches: giving my favorite characters power upgrades instead of using Mary sue OC(unless in the entry that are initially written by OC owner in question at least in "use the mary sue oc" approach)
    I'm having a hard time understanding any of this.