Russian meteor strike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90Omh7_I8vI

...Woah. Part of me thinks it's cool but part of me...well, it WAS a strike such as this, though on a much, much larger scale, that killed off the dinosaurs. I hope mankind will develop the technology to prepare for and neutralize such a threat if it happens again.

This isn't the first time this sort of thing has happened in Russia, btw. Read up here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunguska_event

Weasyl
    richihart
    Oh yeah, I'm from Russia, and I'm living near this place about 50 miles away.
    It's a meteorite shower here today.
    Some shots from my window:
    http://cs315629.userapi.com/v3156297...Qb9jidz1A8.jpg
    http://cs315629.userapi.com/v3156297...OPmA5bYWb8.jpg

And no, there were not planes or something.
    There are real meteorite's tails.

Weasyl
    Tango
    It's the End Times! Repent! REPENT!!!!
    Courage, truth, honor, fidelity, discipline, hospitality, self-reliance, industriousness, and perseverance are pretty good traits to live by, don't you think?

Why can't I be in Russia?

I want a chunk of that meteorite. I will recover a meteorite one day.

Weasyl
    Tango
    Quote Originally Posted by RX-149Dragonite View Post
    Why can't I be in Russia?

I want a chunk of that meteorite. I will recover a meteorite one day.

Go to Antarctica. They are literally littering the ground there. The Gobi Desert is another great place to find them.
    Courage, truth, honor, fidelity, discipline, hospitality, self-reliance, industriousness, and perseverance are pretty good traits to live by, don't you think?

Weasyl
    Priincessu
    When I first saw one of the videos on youtube, I was like "That's totally fake! Those people are still just driving along like it's no big deal!" Then of course I did more researched and read articles and saw other videos and was like "Ohshit!" I would have run in the opposite direction.

On a side note, it's incredible! Just take out the dangerous and scary aspect.

Weasyl
    Tango
    Quote Originally Posted by Priincessu View Post
    When I first saw one of the videos on youtube, I was like "That's totally fake! Those people are still just driving along like it's no big deal!" Then of course I did more researched and read articles and saw other videos and was like "Ohshit!" I would have run in the opposite direction.

On a side note, it's incredible! Just take out the dangerous and scary aspect.

Because Russians don't give a damn. They are a hearty people and fear little.

Weasyl
    richihart
    Our social networks are full with this crap about this accident. Everyone is so overreacted about it here. Ew...
    Hate me, baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanita View Post
    Go to Antarctica. They are literally littering the ground there. The Gobi Desert is another great place to find them.
    I know about all of that, infact I do plan on applying to a research team that goes down to Antarctica.