Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Musicians General

Weasyl
    Nitro

Musicians General

You know... for lack of a better place to put it. Art General seems to be just for visual art, Entertainment seems to be more for audiences, and it'd be terrible to put this under Hobbies when so many are serious about it. I just really want a place to talk about making and playing music, haha.

So! If you're a musician say hi, especially if you submit musical work here! Talk about your instruments, hardware, software, genres, whatever!

Weasyl
    oly
    HI.

I do everything.

Last edited by axelthefox; 11-02-2012 at 05:14 PM.

Weasyl
    Rsyk
    I compose with a lot of styles, mostly through MIDI. I'm using an Oxygen 49 MIDI keyboard from M-Audio for my input, and a program called Reason from PropellerHead to actually compose. It tends to sound very electronic as a matter of course, the natural sounding samples I have to work with take much more time to run through properly.

Weasyl
    Nitro
    Right, guess I need to make a post myself as well.

Primarily electronic/EDM ("techno", according to dads), so a lot of it is sitting in front of my computer and pressing buttons, ha ha. Primarily trance and house music, but it gets weird fairly easily. I'm studying Music & Audio Technology right now though and that has opened up a lot of opportunities in the form of classmates who are all better than me at everything. I'm trying my hand at more acoustic/fusion work.

I play somewhat decent fingerstyle guitar as a natural extension of classical guitar, but I do own a semiacoustic and a decent amp so I'm trying to teach myself some electric guitar techniques. I've also recently picked up drumming, though that's going to take some work. Also, keyboards. I'm kind of decent at a bunch of stuff I guess.

Right now I'm trying to put together a shoddy bedroom studio. I've already got a decent electronic drum kit, the above-mentioned semiacoustic guitar and amp, an old electric organ my mom used to play, as well as this computer. An audio interface is on its way, and I'm saving up for a few mics, at least one vocal mic and a pair of small-diaphragm condensers. I'm also considering getting a cajon and a kalimba, because they're awesome instruments. Basically I've got too much ambition and too little money.

edit: wow, that's long

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Do singers count?

Weasyl
    Nitro
    Of course!

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Then I count :3c

I seem to have a issue with my amp. It seems at times when i strike a string i hear somewhat a crackling sound when i turn the amp up. Anyone know what it could be?

Well hello! ^^
    I do indeed make music as well! And this is my setup:
    Computer with an Intel i7 processor, just swallows everything I throw at it, main DAW is FL Studio 10, Most used plugins being 3xOsc, NI Massive, ReFX QuadraSID, and I have a hardware synth: Access Virus TI2 Desktop.
    For monitoring I've got a pair of ADAM a7x studio monitors and some AKG K 272 HD headphones. I've also got a KORG Electribe MX-1 drum machine and sequential synth, which I use at times.
    Instrument wise, I've got an electric and one acoustic guitar (And one nylon, which I only use for home and street performances).
    I'm a vocalist, so I've also got a Samson G-Track mic.

I guess that should cover the most important part of my setup x3

Also, Axel: I think it'd be an idea to record the sound so we can listen to it. But I'm not ruling out a broken element within the amp.