Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Noxid

Precisely! I'd be happy to test it, if you have a working build available. Thanks for developing this

Weasyl
    Noxid
    If you want to give it a shot while I mirror these features on the chrome side, you can download a firefox XPI for V1.5 here: http://noxid.ca/files/weasyl_enhancer.xpi
    just drag that onto firefox I think and it should install it. It seems to be working ok but more testing never hurts.

Oh man, that works way better than I anticipated. I was just about to provide feedback for some configuration options you could add (even though I like the default settings, for the most part) and was pleased to discover that you'd already implemented them. I'll let you know if I find any functional inconsistencies, but from what I'm seeing this is exactly the kind of extension I've been wanting for Weasyl since I set up a gallery here more than a year ago. Thanks, friend!

Weasyl
    Noxid
    Okay, I've pushed V1.5 to both firefox and chrome. It should appear or update uh... sooner or later.
    Both have options that can be accessed via your browser's respective addon/extension management page (about:addons for firefox and chrome://extensions for chrome).
    I have it set to not show image previews by default, to remain consistent with the previous version and so it's not an issue for people with limited connections but it should be easy to turn on.
    There is a known issue where certain special characters show up as their HTML equivalent in the text descriptions i.e. "<" appears as "&lt;", but otherwise it seems to work okay for me. As usual, let me know if there are any issues!
    Last edited by Noxid; 12-28-2014 at 09:19 PM.

Weasyl
    Storm
    Oh cool! Thanks!

Now, if I may have another suggestion: Can you give it options to enable/disable the things (thumbnail, tags, user avatar, descr.) that are visible? That way people could customize it to their preferences.

For me for example, the only thing I want to see is the thumbnail, nothing else. Sure, I can use local CSS (via the Stylish addon) to remove the rest, but not everyone knows how to do that.

I hope you don't take this as complaining, I'm just trying to give feedback to make it even better! Honestly though, the thumbnail preview should be a built in feature of Weasyl really. I hope they add it some day.

- - - Updated - - -

I experienced a bug. One time one of the preview panels got stuck on my screen, until I once again hovered over the thumbnail it belonged to. I don't know what triggered it, and couldn't reproduce it, but most likely related to scrolling the page while a preview is active.
    - Storm ~ "Sic itur ad astra per aspera." [Commission info]

Weasyl
    Noxid

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Great work on this, I'm using it and loving it.

Feature idea if you feel like implementing it: I think it'd be awesome to be able to add tags from the preview popup, so you never even have to click anything to tag art. Like, there'd be a text field at the bottom of the preview (options-configurable ofc) that already has focus when it comes up, and you just type in some tags, hit Enter, and boom it's done.

Granted, I don't even know if this is even possible through Weasyl's API right now, but it'd be a neat feature if it is!
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Huh. Sorry to doublepost, but Avast just threw a fit at me for having this installed because it "has a bad reputation amongst Avast users (1 star)" and recommended I remove it for security risk. Now I doubt that there's an actual issue because nobody's actually spoken up about one, I'm just left kinda wondering what the hell, why?
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    Noxid
    I don't know <_>
    Someone mentioned that to me.. in the IRC once? and I don't know why it could be saying that.
    The extension is open-source, so if there were anything untoward it would be pretty easy to find out. For the firefox version, you can even view the source of the exact files that are being distributed at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...browse/290632/

I don't know whether it's just because someone is trying to punk me or it's some kind of yelp-tier scam to make me pay to remove the negative review. If there is a genuine issue, then by all means let me know and I'd be glad to fix it - I'm not the best, but I do the best I can to write my software well.