Weasyl
    Brutus

Facebook disabled my account.

And it seems i'm far from the only one. For "fake name" of course, even though it's my real name! It's already happened to me once before, and that time i got it back within hours after finally sending them a picture of my ID, which might be illegal for them to ask for in many countries, but that's beside the point. Why should you even need to verify it more than once, anyway? But that's not the problem, it's that it DOESNT'T WORK.

It's been four weeks now and i've yet to see a single sign that a human being has even looked at anything i sent them, despite using all kinds of different forms found all over the site to report my problem, even changing to a different scan of my ID thinking the old one got flagged to be automatically deleted or something. But they're all eventually rejected or "closed" within a few days with no explanation, not one human response. Just the same automated bullshit.

Obviously many others seem to have the same problem now, and i took a look through a list of accounts of people i was going to add - about two thirds of them are gone, just in the last few weeks since i was disabled! And many of them used their real names too! In fact, ironically many of the ones that were still up were the ones with obvious fake names.

I don't really like Facebook and would have stayed out of it if i had a choice, but as it is now, i really need this account and nothing else will do. There are years of work invested in it, including groups i run or have made many important posts in (that completely disappear as long as my account is disabled) and making a new account really isn't an option. And for that matter it's not allowed anyway, even though it's probably what 95% of users do right away after this happens to them. If i don't get it back i might as well stay off FB entirely, like i did before 2012.

So, to get to the point, does anyone have any better tips on what to do in this situation? Researching this on various sites on the web (and their own completely useless Support Center, which nobody from the actual staff ever seems to read) it seems there are other ways to contact somebody on FB which might help you get your account restored, but they never make it clear exactly how they found them. Is there any way to contact anyone working for Facebook that will actually take this in their own hands, instead of getting the same pre-written replies that doesn't help me at all?

Weasyl
    N/A
    Facebook is a scam and is worse than dog doody.

You're better off with Google+, it doesn't give a shit about "weal" names.
    It doesn't take itself too seriously and isn't full of shit (or stupid people).
    It also comes with more options and features. Which is good,-
    considering they sell your personal & private information. Just like Facebook.

Please, stop torturing yourself and ditch that hell-hole.
    You're better off with a myspace. Teenagers there have more decency.

Please, don't be apart of the problem.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Second vote on gtfo of Facebook. If community is really what your aiming for then currently Reddit is the most fertile ground outside specialized forums and "board" alternatives. G+ isn't bad either but you'd have to accept Google into your heart.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Weasyl
    Namba
    Ho boy, what a fucking surprise! You know, it's funny because they haven't nailed me yet... I guess it's more believable to have a lemur using your site than an actual human being but, eh, that's just me.