Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    N/A
    I agree,
    The same would of happen if it were a gay man or women, and the shirt's subjects were "gender-swapped".
    Except the amount of "attackers" would be larger, and different...

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    I don't understood why he apologized. Apologizing to the types of people that are attacking him is blood in the water. They will never accept his apology, he will never rid himself of the "misogynist" label from them, his apology to them is meanless to them.
    He should not have apologized because he had nothing to apologize for.

Weasyl
    N/A
    He didn't out right apologized in that sense. They were asking him how the probe was doing an he simply broke down crying, saying how sorry he was he offended anyone. This is a guy who probably grew up getting bullied, or maybe just has stunted social skills like any average nerd. He wore something special for a special occasion and suddenly he's being told he's "literally Hitler". I know nerds who get depressed over "taking" your last can of soda regardless of how often you tell 'em it's perfectly ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterflygoddess View Post
    Meh. He's a grown ass man. Don't complain about professional victims if he's acting like one. Crying over what ppl think of shirt? Shameful.
    The hell is wrong with you? He'd have to be making money and/or using it as a badge to qualify as a professional victim. He's not crying over what people think of his shirt, he's breaking down because he's being attacked and told he hates women.

And it *was* rather tacky and unprofessional. You don't see any of the women folk wearing dresses with giant male cocks in leather cock rings.
    It's the ugliest shirt I've seen in a long ass time (no offense to whom made it; just not my style) but this feels border line trolling when your comparing a bunch of lingerie style women to a bunch of dicks with cock rings. ESA obviously didn't give a fuck and neither did anyone else that day. It was just some bored 3rd wave feminist.

But boo-hoo for Mr. Scientist. I never understand public apologies, they just make a person look weak and submissive to majority opinion.
    It wasn't a public apology; see above. Again if your trolling then you got me.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Weasyl
    N/A
    Butterflygoddess was pretty much joking about him being a "professional victim".

The only thing worth arguing over, is his thoughts and opinions about public apologies.
    (Although I somewhat agree, they can be selfish, but that depends...)

This is irrelevant to the main topic anyways.

Edit: Feminist media & journalists don't do it because their "bored". They do it because they literally feed & live off of negativity, drama and controversy. They also want political & social influence- (control).
    By any means necessary.
    Last edited by Kurk2288; 11-15-2014 at 08:18 PM.

Weasyl
    Gamedog

Weasyl
    Dreaming
    Holy shit, some of those reactions...

This is the sort of casual misogyny that stops women from entering certain scientific fields. They see a guy like that on TV and they don't feel welcome. They see a poster of greased up women in a colleague's office and they know they aren't respected. They hear comments about "bitches" while out at a bar with fellow science students, and they decide to change majors. And those are the women who actually make it that far.
    Though I loved this Tweet
    Last edited by Dreaming; 11-15-2014 at 11:25 PM. Reason: -

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #27

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    STEM fields in particular have a bad reputation of women being viewed as decoration more than equal contributors to the team. A man in his position ought to have enough of an awareness of the issue to avoid appearing to reinforce that message.

I take his admission of a simple mistake at face value and accept his apology, but it wasn't wrong to call him on it.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Feminism is a garbage-tier social movement at this point. Institutional sexism is almost entirely against men these days (for example the court system, marriage laws, affirmative action, circumcision, etc.) with only passive social "injustices" exclusively targeting women, sometimes, maybe. If anything you're experiencing can be considered under the umbrella of a "microaggression" you have no room to complain. Institutional Racism is way more relevant. Trayvon Martin was not the victim of a "microaggression" nor was Michael Brown. And of course there's sexuality issues where gay people can still get canned for their lifestyle and can't get married because…reasons?

And lest we forget classism. It's painful a video was released where homeless men saying things to a woman as she walked by are considered sexist examples of patriarchy. Like she has to put up with sooo much oooh I'm sorry, lady. They're fucking homeless, how do you think they feel, bitch?
    Get a loada this guy here.
    https://twitter.com/DogdongD

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    If you're more concerned and scared about half-naked anime chicks on some dude's shirt than actually getting shit done in science, you're probably not gonna be useful there anyways.

Like I pointed out a few times already, not one of these people protesting this guy have said a word or made a big fuss over shirts like this:
    (NSFW) http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nicki-Minaj-...-/171396882673 (NSFW)

There's shit like this all over, and yet chicks like Nicki Minaj still go about their business, making pictures like this, videos like that, and flaunting their ass.
    It seems like the feminists weeping over anime chicks are more concerned about that shit than the actual women who take real photos like that ^

Meanwhile, you can't walk out of Abercrombie and Fitch (extremely popular with teen girls) without a bag like this.. but... not a peep from feminists. The rights of anime chicks are far more important.
    Thank god I have this muscly dude's crotch to help me carry out my overpriced clothing.
    (NSFW?) http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thin...l&tid=62477166

I shake in my jeans whenever I walk past that store, knowing I'm not welcome in there as a male! Abercrombie & Fitch is no place for a man. Complete hatred for us.
    http://i.imgur.com/iFCOH9x.jpg

These so-called Social Justice activists and feminists fight for the rights of those who literally cannot speak. Next thing you know they'll be petitioning for the rights of dakimakura to be recognized.

Weasyl
    Manna
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    Lmao
    yo there's like kind of a huge difference between "what you're wearing is sexist" and "you deserved to get raped because of what you wore" and if you don't think so then holy shit

Hint: (in one case, what a person is wearing is actually related to the accusation being made)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TeenageAngst View Post
    Feminism is a garbage-tier social movement at this point. Institutional sexism is almost entirely against men these days (for example the court system, marriage laws, affirmative action, circumcision, etc.)
    There are more men in prison but that's an issue of race (see: how the modern prison system has contributed to anti-black racism and slavery) not an issue of "misandry", there are no marriage laws that negatively target men (????), affirmative action keeps workplaces from being 100% white men (cry me a fucking river), while circumcision is a gross violation of a person's autonomy, this is also an issue that affects afab and especially intersex babies as well