Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Woo Voting Day (US)

Weasyl
    N/A

Woo Voting Day (US)

"To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Weasyl
    N/A
    You couldn't be more part of the problem if you literally set fire to your local precinct. Voting isn't about making a difference or making it "count". It's about airing your blood-earned opinion on matters that affect you. There is no "wrong" choice unless you Christmas tree the ballot but then again that isn't really "wrong" because that is your choice.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Voted on my way home from the gym this morning. I think MN will escape disaster this year but I'm not holding out much hope for the country as a whole.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    Manna
    I hope obama wins again

Weasyl
    Dreaming
    Well this came out of nowhere, this is the first time I've heard of any election

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaming View Post
    Well this came out of nowhere, this is the first time I've heard of any election
    It's a midterm election. America has elections every two years, but we only vote for a President every other election, so these midterm elections don't get quite as much attention. Each election we vote on the entire House of Representatives (lower house, two-year terms) and one-third of the Senate (upper house, six-year terms).
         
       
    Now,
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    Vae
    I thought rep voting was in October.
    And I was out of state in October.

Shows how much I know about this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    You couldn't be more part of the problem if you literally set fire to your local precinct.
    This reminds me of that South Park episode where they literally exile one of the kids for refusing to vote for competitors he doesn't give a fuck about.

MURCA.
    Last edited by Vae; 11-05-2014 at 12:37 AM.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by piņardilla View Post
    It's a midterm election. America has elections every two years, but we only vote for a President every other election, so these midterm elections don't get quite as much attention. Each election we vote on the entire House of Representatives (lower house, two-year terms) and one-third of the Senate (upper house, six-year terms).
    I would argue the midterm election is the more important election, or to be more specific, the election of the persons who will represent you is more important than a person whose main job is to execute the commands of those chosen to represent you (especially since you do not directly vote the president anyway).

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #9

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    I would argue the midterm election is the more important election, or to be more specific, the election of the persons who will represent you is more important than a person whose main job is to execute the commands of those chosen to represent you (especially since you do not directly vote the president anyway).
    I wasn't making a statement of importance, just acknowledging that midterms do tend to get less attention. Although, everything that happens in a midterm also happens in a presidential election.
         
       
    Now,
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    I hope obama wins again
    I read that one of the factors behind the Democrat's defeat this time was that all the young people who put Obama in office in the first place stayed away. Of course, everyone has their own views on whether this is a good or bad thing, but it does show that voting does matter.

Now, if you're happy with having your life run by crotchety old farts who are too dumb to realize voting doesn't work, then just keep doing what you're doing.