Weasyl
    N/A

Editing of a post by staff?

Ello,

I'm wondering if staff/mods have the ability to edit peoples replies in journals on the main site? I did one not too long ago and about a paragraph got cut out.. Kinda forgot what I posted too, I know the word hermit was in there though if that's any help? XD Is it possible to find out what happened, and why?

Thanks. :3

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Yes, they can.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Staff can edit journals but the only editing we can do comment wise is hiding comments.

Not finding anything on your staff notes about edits, so looks like it was just a possible bug or you hitting enter too quickly (happens to the best of us), something like that.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiz View Post
    Staff can edit journals but the only editing we can do comment wise is hiding comments.

Not finding anything on your staff notes about edits, so looks like it was just a possible bug or you hitting enter too quickly (happens to the best of us), something like that.
    I'm gonna opt and say it may have been a bug. xD The paragraph was at the beginning, so if I had submitted it the rest wouldn't have shown, also I remember it being quite a bit longer than what is is now. Although, I use a lot of symbols for silly faces, maybe there's some code thing that cut it out I may have done, just seems a bit weird.

Thanks though, Fiz! ^^

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Moogle View Post
    I'm gonna opt and say it may have been a bug. xD The paragraph was at the beginning, so if I had submitted it the rest wouldn't have shown, also I remember it being quite a bit longer than what is is now. Although, I use a lot of symbols for silly faces, maybe there's some code thing that cut it out I may have done, just seems a bit weird.

Thanks though, Fiz! ^^
    Since you mentioned symbols, some of it might have got cut out from using certain symbols that work with markdown, though I'm not sure which it would be.

Did it look correct in the preview if you remember? If it was all there in the preview it shouldn't have gotten cut out after posting.

Would also help if you gave a link to the comment in question.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Ah sorry! :O Here it is: https://www.weasyl.com/journal/76256...ni-p#cid184778

The cut out part should be right after the "=)" at the top. I usually do check the preview, and from what I remember it was there but I could have been mistaken (I check the editing part more than the preview which is pretty dumb now that I think about it XD).

The good thing though is the main message got across, but I just thought I'd let you guys know about this incase someone else may eventually run into this issue (assuming it's not on my side).

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Moogle View Post
    Ah sorry! :O Here it is: https://www.weasyl.com/journal/76256...ni-p#cid184778

The cut out part should be right after the "=)" at the top. I usually do check the preview, and from what I remember it was there but I could have been mistaken (I check the editing part more than the preview which is pretty dumb now that I think about it XD).

The good thing though is the main message got across, but I just thought I'd let you guys know about this incase someone else may eventually run into this issue (assuming it's not on my side).
    Hm, do you remember at all what you initially tried to post? If you can remember, might wanna try re-posting it as a test comment on your own account and see if it happens again.