Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Weasyl
    chasetardishd

Attention all comic fans!

Please, let's do talk about comics!

like in all sides of it, what comics do you read? who is your favorite hero/villain.character
    Which publishing house are you in favor of? who would win, batman or Superman or whatever you guys want to talk about!

Just putting it out some general info from me as a comic fan, I'm a DC fangirl and looove the Batman Series
    I'm currently reading into all the series of Batman and Robin (and if you ask, my favorite robin by far is Damian Wayne. Yeah YOU HEARD ME)

The comic that made me love reading such is Injustice (yeap, the game). I dont only read DC comics though, I follow Guardian of The Galaxy, Saga, Hawkeye and Sex Criminals :>

PLEASE DO SHARE ME YOUR LOVE FOR COMICS. and hopefully I'm not the only one! <3

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    Woo.

I've been reading comics for four years. Mostly Image, but I grab anything that looks interesting.
    Right now it's Revival, Saga, Trees, MLP:FiM, Rocket Raccoon, Justice League United, Atomic Robo, God Hates Astronauts, and some I'm probably forgetting. My favorite right now is probably God Hates Astronauts. I can't even underscore how hilarious it is.

Favorite superhero is Animal Man, no question. Favorite villain Tricerachops from Super Dinosaur.

Did you read either of the Luther Strodes? They're like a deconstruction of slasher movie characters. Kind of.They're great, I've bean meaning to re-read them recently. So gory, but so cool.
    Watch me swooce right in.

Weasyl
    Antumbra
    I read Fables mostly, but it is only a few issues from being complete which makes me pretty sad.

Besides that I used to read Xmen, Spider Man, and Iron Man but I stopped doing that years ago.

Weasyl
    Vae
    Sandman, Writhe and Shine (which could be argued as more of a webcomic), and to a lesser extent JTHM and Gloom Cookie were the only ones I really got into.
    2gawth.

Also, the Sailor Moon manga, if you want to count that.
    Resident Koopa Trash

I can't really say what I like most because my tastes are kinda all over the place. I love the Atomic Robo series (still need to get all books past Volume 5) and I've been working through the Flight Anthology for a while now (I discovered Jake Parker, JP Ahonen and other awesome artists through those books). I also love Fullmetal Alchemist, though I haven't gone past book 7 yet, and I'm going to try and pick up on Ozamu Tezuka's Astro Boy whenever I can afford to find those books.

All in all my printed comic collection's kinda limited. I am, however, a big fan of several comics hosted on the web, such as Dan and Mab's Furry Adventures, Tails from Mynarski Forest, Kaspall, What Nonsense, anything by Evan Dahm (creator of Rice Boy), Skin Deep, Gunnerkrigg Court, Runewriters, MyStereoBot, The Property of Hate, Dino Boy (probably the most superhero-y comic I've read that I like), The Less Than Epic Adventures of TJ and Amal, Vreakerz, Spare Keys for Strange Doors, and a bunch of others. Some of those I'd even like to get the printed copies of.

I'm always on the lookout for more comics, though. Especially printed ones. I know I want to eventually pick up on Hellboy as well as get myself some Johnny the Homicidal Maniac (and related stories) and Blacksad books when finances allow me to.
    Wait. What were we talking about?

I'm a Marvel gal more than DC, I'm a sucker for heroes and with more of a fantasy element, if you're going dark, I find Daredevil more appealing than Batman, or some of the art from Sin City but I like it all. I really want to read some of the Guardians of the Galaxy stuff, but I've got a huge pile of other stuff to wade through first!

I find the problem with comics is their price and knowing where to begin with something - I always want to start at the beginning, but if I'm in a comic book shop, I always choose art over story or anything else. That said I like humor as well as art and story to keep me captivated or I just admire the outstanding art regardless of the story and other elements and then it's more artists or individual comics rather than series'. My top 3 Marvel heroes are Deadpool, Spiderman and Nightcrawler. I also never turn down graphic novels and manga which also belong to this category of art/publication, I think!

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7

Weasyl
    Fayv
    It honestly depends. Generally I like Vertigo as a group, they publish the more indie or less classic style comics so they have some of the best stuff, I like marvel's main heroes better than DC on average but I do reaally love batman. So yeah. Basically I love whatever is going to tell me an interesting story.

Recently I've just been reading whatever little batman arcs my buddy at work shows me (we have daily discussions about comics at this point), walking dead comic, and Fables.
    Omg Fables, I adore it, I adore it so much. I am both excited and disappointed it will end soon. I want to see what will happen so badly but I despise waiting a month in between issues. That's mostly why I can't stand to read modern arcs.

I need to finish this Neil Gaiman written Batman arc "whatever happened to the caped crusader" it's awesome!

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    Quote Originally Posted by Indi View Post
    I find the problem with comics is their price and knowing where to begin with something - I always want to start at the beginning, but if I'm in a comic book shop, I always choose art over story or anything else. That said I like humor as well as art and story to keep me captivated or I just admire the outstanding art regardless of the story and other elements and then it's more artists or individual comics rather than series'. My top 3 Marvel heroes are Deadpool, Spiderman and Nightcrawler. I also never turn down graphic novels and manga which also belong to this category of art/publication, I think!
    Yeah that's what led me to Image when I started out. I looked at the 'big two' and had no idea whatsoever where to jump in. I tried reading some X-men books, but had no idea who half the characters were or what was going on.

So instead I would buy 'miniseries' which only run 4-8 issues, but still tell awesome, creative stories. The only ongoing 'superhero' comics I read are Justice League United and Rocket Raccoon.

I know you all read the new Blacksad riiiight? I flipping loved it. Especially Neal, obviously, what a likeable character.

Weasyl
    chasetardishd
    I would absolutely take note of that! I would love to keep increasing my reading log in comics xD I've almost read all the series I wanted to read and am just waiting for their updates xD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Indi View Post
    I'm a Marvel gal more than DC, I'm a sucker for heroes and with more of a fantasy element, if you're going dark, I find Daredevil more appealing than Batman, or some of the art from Sin City but I like it all. I really want to read some of the Guardians of the Galaxy stuff, but I've got a huge pile of other stuff to wade through first!

OH MAN OH MAN, I LOVE GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY AT THE MOMENT and absolutely am shipping Starlord and Shadowcat :> huehue

We are the same in Marvel heroes, Except I'll take Black Widow instead of Nightcrawler for me. THe thing for starting comics I think is readong the first group comics. Like Avengers or Justice League, at least you'll get to know the character interactions there. THAATT and DC has this New 52 series that has prologue issues, explaining their stories. THOUGH it would be cool to like read the old issues too

Weasyl
    sassySloth