Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Aw, I just wish I wasn't so tired right now so maybe I could throw something together in colour x3

Weasyl
    teckworks
    Okay I'll bite~

So, when I was about 7 years old, I was exposed to a video game called Super Mario Bros. 3. I played it almost religiously and found myself collecting a lot of Mario toys. There was a time that I would go through the TV Guides and magazines around the house and started drawing raccoon ears, tails, and leaves all over the photos of the people inside. Boy, deeprooted interests and influences come from the weirdest places, huh? Super Mario 3 is probably my favorite game ever, since it pretty much sparked my influence in art. I used to fill spiral notebooks with Mario doodles and hand-drawn level maps. Plus I thought the raccoon thing was pretty cool. As a result, I've specialized in this form of art where you draw an animal with human-like qualities, or "Anthropomorphism", if you will. It's a pretty traditional style of Anthro, unlike this "modern" form that's been floating around, which seem to look a lot more human than animal.

Anyway, that's my excuse and I'm stickin' to it.

Quote Originally Posted by teckworks View Post
    Okay I'll bite~

So, when I was about 7 years old, I was exposed to a video game called Super Mario Bros. 3. I played it almost religiously and found myself collecting a lot of Mario toys. There was a time that I would go through the TV Guides and magazines around the house and started drawing raccoon ears, tails, and leaves all over the photos of the people inside. Boy, deeprooted interests and influences come from the weirdest places, huh? Super Mario 3 is probably my favorite game ever, since it pretty much sparked my influence in art. I used to fill spiral notebooks with Mario doodles and hand-drawn level maps. Plus I thought the raccoon thing was pretty cool. As a result, I've specialized in this form of art where you draw an animal with human-like qualities, or "Anthropomorphism", if you will. It's a pretty traditional style of Anthro, unlike this "modern" form that's been floating around, which seem to look a lot more human than animal.

Anyway, that's my excuse and I'm stickin' to it.
    That is a cool story, and I totally love that game.

I really like the animal-with-human-like-qualities style. Not too good at myself, but I certainly do like it.

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    That is a cool story, and I totally love that game.

I really like the animal-with-human-like-qualities style. Not too good at myself, but I certainly do like it.
    Who doesn't love SMB3 :O?

Weasyl
    Ratte
    When I was nine I got my first rat and loved them ever since. Found that I can relate to them pretty well, so I picked a rat murrsona. Felt it was fitting.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #46

Weasyl
    Eminoxic
    Last edited by Eminoxic; 07-27-2012 at 04:56 AM.

Weasyl
    boogans
    My persona/fursona is a little monster. People tend to mistake him for a dog or a rabbit. If he was real, I think he'd look more like an otter/weasel/opossum hybrid, with oddly long ears.

Boogans was a mish-mash of different things because I felt like a mish-mash of a person. He's a pretend critter because I spend most of my time silently playing pretend to cope with everything that goes on, and to cope with my own mental illnesses. He's just, very special and such a personal thing. I don't see myself truly identifying with any other critter I come up with like I do him.

It all sounds dumb, I know.

My teeth are kind of wonky, I could never swim for shit and I'm non-confrontational, a shark was clearly the best choice for my 'sona.

Birds? Well, it's their overall upbeat personalities I enjoy, or how they go from completely mellowed out to an energetic crazy mess in a moments notice! Heh heh! That goes for fennecs as well (though fennecs are never mellow), the two of them really keep me cheerful at all times.

Also those flauntingly flirtatious feathers! I want a frack'n bush of tail-feathers to bounce around with at cons but I've seen, maybe, two suits engineer that. Too delicate to produce I guess?

when i was around 9 years old i made up a species called a tandara which is basically a green four legged monster with three horns
    now my character is essentially part tandara with a bit more deer and dog in it heh