Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
    Weasyl
    Riff
    I chose a hyena in part because I liked their matriarchal social system. Also what Infestissumam and Rory have said; maybe some people have gotten a bad image of hyenas from how they're often portrayed in the media as lowly, lazy, and stupid bottom feeders, but actually they're not? Hyenas are really rad.

Shaaark! Specifically blacktip reef, because they live in the places I love the most - warm, tropical waters.

I've always been very close with sharks since I was a kiddo, and studied marine biology in school. I had dreamed of working with them at some point before I shifted my full focus to art. They're often misunderstood animals (they're just big fish after all) and very threatened and I've always wanted to do all I can to help them and other ocean life.

Weasyl
    Bri Mercedes
    I've tried attaching myself to a bunch of different animals- foxes, gryphons, red pandas, strange mashups. None stuck except for the phoenix. There's just something about the symbolism I can't get over. The concept of new life and rebirth is very meaningful to me as a Christian. Plus it's a bird. ovo

Weasyl
    drawhound
    Truth be told when I first started drawing myself as an animal, I was an orange tabby cat! LOL. That was way back at 11 years old (I'm in my mid-20's now). Over the years my childhood dog grew on me, and when I moved out for school in 2009, it hit me how much I missed her and how big a part of me she was. My friends started associating me with dachshunds since I talked about her so often. Then I applied for an animagus stamp on a Harry Potter community I frequent on livejournal a few years ago, fully expecting to be stamped as an otter... but someone gave me a dachshund stamp. The more I researched and thought of my dog, the more I realized she was right-- my personality is essentially a dachshund personality. So I chose it as my animagus, and that was when I decided my look (brown and tan standard shorthair, cream chest-tuft shaped like a wing, green eyes). That has been me since 2010, and I don't see it changing. c:

Weasyl
    TheLexicon
    I never stay with one single animal at a time. But I am most like a cat.

Finding the right fursona took a while. I had a purple dog sona when I was 14 or so :V
    but now I have a gemsbok/lizard hybrid and I adore them uwu I think I always aimed for uniqueness and the combo of two of my favorite kind of animals just clicked for me.

Mines a fox cause I really like foxes in general, they look neat to me, they have interesting and varied social structures, they're fairly smart, and I just like their form in general. So yeah, fox...I like them, even if it may not be the most creative animal out there.

Weasyl
    Charrio
    Mice just seemed to fit me best, I'm pretty Timid IRL and usually passed over.

I've always felt a connection to mice cartoons or furry content, I just can't think of a better animal that matches me personally
    Take a gander at my Gallery here, hope you like and brings a smile.
    https://www.weasyl.com/~charrio

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    Quote Originally Posted by Claribelle View Post
    Finding the right fursona took a while. I had a purple dog sona when I was 14 or so :V
    but now I have a gemsbok/lizard hybrid and I adore them uwu I think I always aimed for uniqueness and the combo of two of my favorite kind of animals just clicked for me.
    That's a really cool combo. I like it
    Watch me swooce right in.

Quote Originally Posted by sassySloth View Post
    That's a really cool combo. I like it
    Thanks man C:
    Gotta admit i have a thing for combos and unusual stuff, like sloths :3c