Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
    Weasyl
    Antronach
    I only picked swordfish so I can keep it simple while making it still enjoyable to draw, aside from some complicated dragon. Plus it's got a built-in mohawk, so that's awesome.

Weasyl
    Infestissumam
    stepping on the crowtche owf your americain presidaint
    When I was a super angsty teen I believed that it was impossible for me to be understood, and I knew that hyenas were stereotyped to be stupid/evil (mostly thanks to the Lion King), when in fact they are fairly intelligent beings. Symbolic meanings aside, his design stuck with me and even now that I'm more mature I love my fursona. His hairdo's a bit different, and his clothes are also different, and I think he's a perfect representation of me as it stands.

Weasyl
    Dire Newt
    Newts are slimy and so am I.

Quote Originally Posted by Infestissumam View Post
    When I was a super angsty teen I believed that it was impossible for me to be understood, and I knew that hyenas were stereotyped to be stupid/evil (mostly thanks to the Lion King), when in fact they are fairly intelligent beings. Symbolic meanings aside, his design stuck with me and even now that I'm more mature I love my fursona. His hairdo's a bit different, and his clothes are also different, and I think he's a perfect representation of me as it stands.
    You... you are awesome. I love hyenas probably because of that one single fact, and besides all the other things ecologically wrong with The Lion King, I've had a borderline vendetta against it because of the way it impacted real life hyenas. They are intelligent, hardworking animals who have a unique and complex social system. I love coming across hyenas in the fandom who are aware of this, you guys rock.

Weasyl
    Infestissumam
    stepping on the crowtche owf your americain presidaint
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    You... you are awesome. I love hyenas probably because of that one single fact, and besides all the other things ecologically wrong with The Lion King, I've had a borderline vendetta against it because of the way it impacted real life hyenas. They are intelligent, hardworking animals who have a unique and complex social system. I love coming across hyenas in the fandom who are aware of this, you guys rock.
    Haha, thanks. :3 I always correct people if they mention hyenas being stupid. Or canines. They aren't canines dammit.

Weasyl
    Rico
    ^ Ugghhh huge pet peeve when people call hyenas canines too. Not even remotely, dang it.

I'm thinking of making another hyena character myself too, the last one I had I ended up disliking the design. Was not really balanced at all, and kinda eye-bleedy. I'll give it another go soon.
    avatar is by me forgetting to change this

Weasyl
    thatbluetiger
    Tigers are awesome.
    I sort of base my 'sona off my appearance
    Tigers have stripes, I have stripes (lots of scars, but y'know xD)
    Plus, I work at a zoo, and whenever I go to the tiger exhibit the older male likes to press his nose to the glass like he's happy to see me and/or wants me as a snack. Tigers are just amazing overall.
    I did want a canine 'sona at first, but I thought a blue tiger would be more...idk, interesting

Weasyl
    TiaLeopard
    My character was originally a wolf but I wanted to change species about a year after I joined the fandom. I really liked felines and wanted to be a species that was unique, so I chose a clouded leopard :3

Weasyl
    Golem
    I took WWF's personality quiz. Turned out I'm a rhino. Description matched. Ta-dah.
    I went through like 20 characters before him. nothing fit, so I figured a personality quiz would find something that matched.. turns out it did.

Weasyl
    tapeworm
    Mine's a species I created, so that may be part of the reason, but I just feel generally closer to them than anything else.