Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Tamblr and Raddit

I avoid both like the plague. If it's not on /tg/ or CE it's not worth seeing.
    Get a loada this guy here.
    https://twitter.com/DogdongD

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Tumblr moving anywhere will destroy that website.

Weasyl
    Manna
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    Out of curiosity, what do you think the subscribe button does in reddit?
    I'd imagine it subscribes to an entire board, rather than an individual user

Weasyl
    N/A
    Ah, then the button you're looking for is +friends.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Weasyl
    Manna
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    Been meaning to ask. What does CE stand for exactly? I see you mention it a lot.
    It's a board on gameFAQs

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...=search-action

read the second entry

and then the fourth if you want to go on an adventure

Ah, then the button you're looking for is +friends.
    but even then you're only getting text posts, given reddit doesn't support embedded images or videos
    Last edited by Manna; 10-31-2014 at 04:10 PM.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Probably not because Tumblr Saviour can't block out all the stupidity
    Yesterday I saw someone yelling at another person and demanding they trigger-warn a post as "gore".
    It was a photo of a pomegranate.
    When this was explained, they replied again with "trigger warn your gore/pomegranate"

Tumblr is the cancer that will kill off any semi-good areas of Reddit.

Weasyl
    Manna
    2 seconds in tumblr search brought up the only post on the entire website that mentions "trigger warning" and "pomegranate"

http://hofstadters-tortoise.tumblr.c...therwise-youre

"I love trolling"

EDIT: oh whoops, paring down to just "trigger" and "pomegranate" gives 2 more posts

one of them has this image: https://38.media.tumblr.com/0116b948...d6co1_1280.jpg

So I did some investigative research and went to pukind.tumblr.com to see what was there

it's literally all homestuck fanart. There's one picture of a character eating a pomegranate, but that's it. After scrolling through 30+ pics of their art, I got tired of searching and gave up

either they've drawn a shit tonne in a short amount of time or the post doesn't exist in the first place

That's looking for the response to the anon, btw, there's no name attached to the "tag it gore even if it's just fruit" bit so it's impossible to look for
    Last edited by Manna; 10-31-2014 at 05:51 PM.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I'm pretty that you can flag posts on tumblr as private and not only that it's very easy to delete them.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    I'm pretty that you can flag posts on tumblr as private and not only that it's very easy to delete them.
    I'm not sure what you mean. You can submit posts to be private, but that's about it.

Tumblr doesn't even have a good, functioning block system.

Weasyl
    N/A
    It was a response to:

Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    either they've drawn a shit tonne in a short amount of time or the post doesn't exist in the first place