Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Tamblr and Raddit

Weasyl
    Vae
    I don't understand when people say that you can't comment on Tumblr.

You can comment.
    You just have to reblog the thing in order to do so. Or be following the person in question if they allow comments.
    And doing the former actually exposes more people to the original post (if you like the work and want to promote it) or to your opinion (if you're disagreeing or criticizing) if other people reblog it, too.
    Which, imo, works better than a standard comment system when used properly.

Same thing when people say you can't hold conversations there.
    As someone with an RP blog, I have conversations all the damned time on Tumblr.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Manna
    someone reblogged something from like page 20 of my blog

which one of you nerds scrolled through 20+ pages of my interests lmao

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    You can comment. You just have to reblog the thing in order to do so.
    Well then, that's not really commenting on it now is it?

If anything it's giving the original post more visibility regardless of your comment due to it ticking its note counter by one. While it's great for the original piece it's terrible for your comment reblog, especially if you only have a few followers. This inhibits community/discussion and again as said before encourages instead exhibition (i.e. showing off/sharing).
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

I don't understand when people say that you can't comment on Tumblr.

You can comment.
    You just have to reblog the thing in order to do so. Or be following the person in question if they allow comments.
    And doing the former actually exposes more people to the original post (if you like the work and want to promote it) or to your opinion (if you're disagreeing or criticizing) if other people reblog it, too.
    Which, imo, works better than a standard comment system when used properly.

Same thing when people say you can't hold conversations there.
    As someone with an RP blog, I have conversations all the damned time on Tumblr.
    You can comment but lets not call this a good design. I don't want to reblog everything you know, neither am I getting any type of warnings UNLESS I happen to be on tumblr at the given moment (and then you get that box popping up for 1 second )

iirc my phone actually lists reblogs/likes and things but thats really not the place it should be for me to be of any use.

Weasyl
    Battlechili1
    battlechili.tumblr.com
    There you will find many things, such as my love and adoration of the art of Vivienne Medrano, along with lots of anime and video game pictures along with my own life experiences.

As for reddit vs tumblr, they're so very different, really.
    Tumblr is where people can post whatever they want that's legal and have their own personal blog of sorts. The whole website is filled with pictures, and the only real issues with the website are that Tumblr's own video player is terrible and there are a lot of SJWs that use the website, though that's easy to avoid seeing.

Reddit is more of a website built around discussion on various topics from the mundane to the stupid to the interesting to the big news. Its good for finding news, at least moreso than tumblr. Its biggest problem is that the upvote/downvote system makes it easy for people to just censor opinions they don't like.
    The future is in the past! Onwards Aoshima!

Weasyl
    Gamedog

Weasyl
    N/A
    I'm sorry but that pink border really exasperates my color design senses and feeds my anxiety machine. Could you tag those as #ihatebobross so I could be spared free from stress?
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Weasyl
    Vae
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    I've seen posts on my dash complaining about how you need to "TAG YOUR #BLUESPACE", and I have no idea how the fuck these people expect to function,
    anywhere, for any reason.

Like, this is like simple graphic design shit that other sites make use of all the time. It's just that Tumblr's layout changes make it easy for anyone to do right now.
    (Even though the effect doesn't work on me, because I have a black layout.)
    How do these people even manage to go on other websites? If they even do.
    I'm not tagging "bluespace"
    as someone with PTSD who has triggers, I fail to understand how "bluespace" is a trigger that is linked to someone's severe psychological trauma that they've sustained in their life and therefore do not consider it trigger-warn-able

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    I've seen posts on my dash complaining about how you need to "TAG YOUR #BLUESPACE", and I have no idea how the fuck these people expect to function,
    anywhere, for any reason.
    Oohhhhh my god. I can't even.
    Watch me swooce right in.