Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Tamblr and Raddit

Weasyl
    sassySloth

Tamblr and Raddit

A bunch of my irl friends are ditching Tumblr for Reddit and it has caused some introspection in me.

I'm curious to know what you use either of these for. How do you think they compare?
    I've heard an adage that 'Tumblr is for girls, Reddit is for guys' is there anything to that demographic wise? I know that it's only my male friends who have ditched Tumblr, whatever the reason, for Reddit.

If you have a Tumblr drop a link so I can hook it up.

I mostly use Tumblr to post my .gifs and such for the comic books and shows I like. Making them is a hobby for me anyway so Tumblr is a good place to put them. I also use it to connect with other furs and vegans. It's pretty cool.

Here's my Tomblr.
    Watch me swooce right in.

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Such shameless plugging!

I've gone to reddit like, twice. It's definitely not the kind of place for show casing artwork xD
    Tumblr on the other hand is fantastic for that! Even more so, it's also fantastical for finding other cool artists, as well as swell arts to look at - and it all requires such little effort!

Oh yeah - the design and layout for reddit also looks and feels atrocious to me... Supah gross.

Tumblr > Reddit. BAM

Not sure what gender has to do with social media websites about just posting whatever you want.
    Applying that sort of thing to something like tumblr or reddit sounds like simple dumbassery to me xP

Really - like, what? You have a penis so this means you should be using Reddit dur durrr

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by sassySloth View Post
    I've heard an adage that 'Tumblr is for girls, Reddit is for guys'
    Haha where did you even hear that. That's so silly.

At any rate, primarily, Tumblr is for showing off stuff and reddit is for actual discussions. Obviously you can do either in both but Tumblr was designed to specifically get a piece of content as much exposure as possible, whereas reddit is more 'community' minded where you link to content and can discuss it in detail.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Weasyl
    Manna
    lizziemcguirefanfic.tumblr.com

Both websites are meant to cater to people with "specific interests" but I find tumblr just does that better. You can't pick and choose what you want to see on Reddit the way you can on tumblr

plus the layout is actually tolerable lmao

Weasyl
    Vae
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    Tamblr and Raditz?
    Turles and Raditz. Learn your DBZ. :P

OT: I've only been to Reddit like once or twice?
    Didn't like it that much. I prefer the organization of Tumblr for media sharing, and the format of forums for actual discussion.

I have a few Tumblr blogs, so pick your poision:
    [Personal blog]
    [Ludwig ask blog / RP shit]
    [Art blog]
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    You can't pick and choose what you want to see on Reddit the way you can on tumblr
    Out of curiosity, what do you think the subscribe button does in reddit?
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics

Weasyl
    N/A
    Can't say much about Reddit since I've only visited like twice, though both times I've no idea where the hell anything was on it. I do have a tumblr, and is much more easier for me to navigate around. As for gender wise, uh I've never heard of that before. ;x

Weasyl
    Antumbra
    I use myspace to showcase my art. My friend Tom likes it!

Weasyl
    N/A
    Your friend Tom? That cheating bastard.

Weasyl
    Antumbra
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    Your friend Tom? That cheating bastard.
    Oh you know him? He must get around

On topic of the thread, I always liked Tumblr for posting art, but I'll admit I have no clue how to browse properly.