Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Tamblr and Raddit

Weasyl
    Manna
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    I'm pretty that you can flag posts on tumblr as private and not only that it's very easy to delete them.
    yeah, I actually passed the original drawing that was mentioned in the post, so if it ever actually existed then it was deleted so the original claim has no evidence to stand on

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    It was a response to:
    Oh Didn't see it, sorry.

Really wish Tumblr would make a good block post though. Instead, they waste time on bullshit that people hate, that the xKit guy creates a fix for in a day lol.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    They...need to fix that. When I learned that, I was just wondering who smoked what.
    I find it stupid that if someone sends you anon hate and you block them, that will only block their IP. LOL
    They can fucking switch IPs (and it also screws over anybody else in that area). It's hilarious
    I don't know why they can't code it so that it can block that user even if they're on anon.
    They can also still see your posts and reblog them

It's not a block list, it's a "block" list.

Reddit at least has that above Tumblr. Redditors will need it, when the hordes of users start creeping over there.

Been meaning to ask. What does CE stand for exactly? I see you mention it a lot.
    Current Events on GameFAQs, the second best social board aside from LUE. My account is old enough it should have had LUE access but sadly I missed the sign-ups. Anyway, by virtue of GameFAQ's posting and account system, you never get spammers or B.S. on CE because you need to be a member with a posting history of like 3 days to a week on order to gain access. It also allows tons of shitposting which keeps it active, all sfw with the nsfw stuff done through PMs. It's pretty much the perfect system. Now of course there's mod issues but welcome to a side where the mods aren't paid -_-;
    Get a loada this guy here.
    https://twitter.com/DogdongD

I visit reddit, but I tend to stick to /r/talesfromtechsupport, /r/jailbreak, /r/dogecoin, and /r/foxes. I'll occasionally venture out to other subs via /r/all but those tend to hold most of what I care about.

Weasyl
    Noxid
    /r/dogecoin is still going?

Weasyl
    Kaedal
    I only use reddit for a quick overview of news, and making bad puns. Though there are few humourous subreddits. But it feels old. Archaic, even.

I have never used Tumblr, and my every attempt at visiting it ends with my head spinning. I don't know what it is.

Tumblr is an enigma that only the most inept are capable of working.

It also makes for an okay art-related side-blog thing to run until you can get your own website, at least in my case. Other than that you'd have to tread carefully around all the crud that goes on... If you can find out how to get around properly. Not saying it's easy. I still have yet to meet anyone exclusively on the Tahmblers and have decent conversations with (and by decent I mean we get awesomely stupid for hundreds of posts), but what I do like is that I've been able to find a lot of neat animation and art-related things.

I've never really even browsed through Reddit properly. I take one glance at a single page and immediately have no idea what the language even is. I dunno what the demographics are, but I suppose the reasoning that 'men prefer Reddit' is because it looks as cluttered as the older internet used to be? You know, the time before wimenz existed and it was an all-man's club. Ah, the good old days.
    Wait. What were we talking about?

Weasyl
    Iscin
    Reddit is good for subcommunities of like minded geeks. It is Digg 2.0, though it is getting long in the tooth and more and more of us are looking for a Digg 3.0.

Tumblr? Good for sharing content, awful for making a community. Everyone there is too easily offended.

Overall I would also say that Tumblr appears to have a younger userbase. Meaning more teenage angst...

The lack of ability to delete your blog inclusive all the reblogs makes me seriously dislike Tumblr for things like a personal blog or a sketchblog. Thers also no real comment feature like I'm used to from DA, FA or Weasly. I just use it because friends posts art and things, also lolcats and art ref. If Tumblr is a community then I haven't felt that at all and I'v been there for a good year if I'm not mistaken. I'v been good in dodging SJW posts but I might as well go back to Livejournal its not like anyone that I don't link to a new post directly cares.

As for using it as an actual gallery, don't,use Weebly and get a free full fledged easy to handle and make website of you're own instead. You get a blog on top of that /shrug. The main cons about your own place is that Tumblr's dashboard is easy for people to keep up with compared to actually going to someone else website.

I'v been browsing Reddit for a few years now. I like seeing the front page news once in a while, my subs are different game related things , the GuildWars2 community is pretty awesome and mature and the FeetTheBeast sub is really great. Or sometimes just plain idiotic things like r/crappydesign . Or humor.
    Reddit is more about discussion imo, you can post art but its far from ideal.Its a forum, not a good one for art but the Like/dislike function may weed out a lot of unnecessary posts.