Weasyl
    Tipsy

Favorite Disney Villains (Possible Spoilers!)

Posts may contain spoilers!
    If you haven't watched every Disney movie ever, go do that first!

Princesses are overrated! And what's a Disney movie without a villain? I'd love to hear who your favorite main antagonists are from the animated features, in a few different categories. If you need a list to remind you of some awesome villains you forgot, click here and scroll down to the "Animated features" section! Pixar movies on the list below it also count. Try not to repeat any movies on your list!

You can quote this list to make it easier. Feel free to go into detail!

• Your overall favorite: (This one can be a repeat!)
    • Most determined: (Who was the most focused on their goals?)
    • Most successful: (Who achieved the most?)
    • Most evil: (Whose plot was the most dastardly?)
    • Most justified: (Who had the best reason for being evil?)
    • Pettiest: (Who had the stupidest reason for being evil?)
    • Smartest: (Who was the most intelligent?)
    • Dumbest: (Who just fell off the turnip truck?)
    • Wimpiest: (Who was the biggest baby?)
    • Funniest: (Who split your sides the most?)
    • Ugliest: (Who made you cringe by just looking at them?)
    • Best looking: (Who made you swoon?)
    • Best villain song: (Who got the best tune?)

- - - Updated - - -

I couldn't make a separate post for my list, so turn back now if you don't want spoilers! Here we go! c:

• Your overall favorite: Scar
    • Most determined: Zira - For me, it was a tough choice between Clayton and Zira, but Zira only won out because Clayton died accidentally. Even as Kiara tried to save her, Zira was so dedicated to Scar that she refused Kiara's help, preferring to die a martyr's death.
    • Most successful: Scar - Every villain fumbles, even Scar, but once he got it right, he managed to reign for years and control everyone around him through fear and starvation, even the hyenas, who only turned on him once they overheard his betrayal and true cowardice.
    • Most evil: Governor Ratcliffe - Little else is more evil than inciting mass genocide, if you ask me.
    • Most justified: Gaston - If you view the movie from his perspective, it feels more like he's trying to save Belle from what's basically Stockholm Syndrome. We can't deny that Beast was indeed a beast, and neither Gaston nor the villagers could have guessed that he was capable of the kindness Belle described to them. They were likely under the impression that she was just confused after having been a "prisoner."
    • Pettiest: Maleficent - C'mon, she's just mad because she wasn't invited to a party. She had a way better reason in the recent Maleficent movie.
    • Smartest: Doctor Facilier - The Shadow Man is a patient master manipulator, and a cunningly quick plotter.
    • Dumbest: Captain Gantu - He was more annoying than he was unintelligent, but he doesn't exactly strike me as the brightest crayon in the box. Cobra Bubbles felt like a more serious threat than Gantu.
    • Wimpiest: Prince John - He grows a pair toward the end, but that doesn't negate the thumb-sucking crybaby he was through the rest of the movie!
    • Funniest: Yzma - WRONG LEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
    • Ugliest: Cruella De Vil - Many Disney villains are meant to be ugly, but here's something about women who cling to their obviously faded beauty that makes them especially ugly to me. Not even the finest furs could make Cruella beautiful.
    • Best looking: Hans - I hated Frozen, but there was zero doubt in my mind who the best looking villain was. I'm a sucker for a man in uniform. It's too bad that he didn't have a bigger role or any real depth to his backstory, because I think he had potential to be a better villain.
    • Best villain song: Judge Claude Frollo - While "Be Prepared" is easily one of my favorites, it lacks the haunting Latin-speaking choir of "Hellfire" that still gives me chills.
    Last edited by Tipsy; 10-28-2014 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Spelling error, ew. :c

Weasyl
    Vae
    Your overall favorite: Scar, Zira, Hopper, Jafar, Hades. Ugh, there are way too many.

Most determined:
    Zira. Her goals were really ambitious, very long-term, and she stuck with them even when everyone in her life turned against her, taking a desperate last shot at Simba. And if we include her original death scene into the equation before they censored it, she even intentionally let go of the ledge and committed suicide, just because she was that dedicated to her hatred of Simba and his line by extension, that she would refuse help even when it meant death.

Most successful:
    Scar. He did accomplish his takeover, and was king for a good while, before Simba came back. And the drought that occurred during his reign couldn't have possibly been his fault.
    Syndrome was also pretty successful in killing a ton of supers, before he got to Mr. Incredible's family.

Most evil:
    Maleficent. She seems to have the least amount of internal conflict about herself and her morals, and completely owns her villainy.
    Cruella, as well. But I think Maleficent outshines her, in this regard.

Most justified:
    Zira. From her perspective, her mate and the father of most of her children was killed and overthrown, and she and Scar's other followers and their children were banished to a barren wasteland, simply for following a different king. I feel like that's a pretty good reason to hate everything to do with Simba.

Pettiest:
    Lady Tremaine. There just was little to no justification (shown) for how badly she treated Cinderella.
    The Queen in Snow White, as well, since she was motivated to kill Snow White simply for being prettier than her.

Smartest:
    Scar. His tactics seemed pretty solid, and were pretty successful, in the end.
    Or Ursula. Up until her actual impaling, her plans were all really solid and coming together quite nicely.

Dumbest:
    Ratcliffe. Everything that he tried to do just seemed to go to shit, and you can't force gold to appear out of the ground if it is not there.

Wimpiest:
    Sid from Toy Story. While seeing toys moving around is a very justified thing to get freaked out over, I still feel like he got scared way more easily than a lot of the other Disney villains would have.

Funniest:
    Yzma and Hades.

Ugliest:
    That woman from the original Rescuers, that kidnaps the girl. Don't remember her name.

Best looking:
    Maleficent.
    If we're regarding conventional attractiveness, it's a tie between Hans and Facilier, for me.

Best villain song:
    Tie between Hellfire (Frollo) and Poor Unfortunate Souls (Ursula).

---
    EDIT: I didn't read the bit about not repeating movies until after I did this, sorry.
    But they overlap a bit too much for me to do that, anyway.
    And if I did that, it would be less about my real opinion and more about filling in the gaps.
    Last edited by Vae; 10-28-2014 at 05:58 PM.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Namba
    Beauty and the Beast was just full of misunderstandings... yeah, that's got to be one of my least favorite movies ever.

Weasyl
    Tipsy
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    And if we include her original death scene into the equation before they censored it...
    Pretty disappointed with the alternate script they chose for Zira's death scene. The suicide felt so fitting for her character, even if it wasn't appropriate for a "kid's" movie. :/

That woman from the original Rescuers, that kidnaps the girl. Don't remember her name.
    You're thinking of Madame Medusa! I was struggling between picking between her or Cruella, so that's a good call! :P

Weasyl
    Vae
    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsy View Post
    Pretty disappointed with the alternate script they chose for Zira's death scene. The suicide felt so fitting for her character, even if it wasn't appropriate for a "kid's" movie. :/
    Yeah.

Also, the bit they cut of her explaining her motivations to Kovu, and ranting about Simba banishing them to the outlands. It added more depth to her character, and showed that she cared about her children and her pride and her relationship with Scar in a more sympathetic way, than solely focusing on her hatred and obsessiveness all the time.

I feel like they wasted a lot of potential for her, there.
    She's a very underrated character.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Tipsy
    Also, the bit they cut of her explaining her motivations to Kovu, and ranting about Simba banishing them to the outlands. It added more depth to her character, and showed that she cared about her children and her pride and her relationship with Scar in a more sympathetic way, than solely focusing on her hatred and obsessiveness all the time.
    Yesssssss, I thought I was the only one that thought this of Zira! There was so much potential for crucial character development, and I'm guessing they excluded it because kids got "bored" in their pre-showing stage. They almost did the same thing for the same reason to "Part of Your World" in The Little Mermaid, and it's now essentially the trademark song of the entire movie. They really lost out on fine-tuning Zira! :c

I was also pretty upset to find out that they cut the scene with Nuka's last words being "well, I finally got your attention, didn't I?" Now that would have been gut-wrenching.

Weasyl
    Vae
    Yesssssss, I thought I was the only one that thought this of Zira! There was so much potential for crucial character development, and I'm guessing they excluded it because kids got "bored" in their pre-showing stage. They almost did the same thing for the same reason to "Part of Your World" in The Little Mermaid, and it's now essentially the trademark song of the entire movie. They really lost out on fine-tuning Zira! :c

I was also pretty upset to find out that they cut the scene with Nuka's last words being "well, I finally got your attention, didn't I?" Now that would have been gut-wrenching.
    I feel like the whole TLK2 movie could have been improved if they'd aimed for a slightly older audience, and stopped trying to dumb it down for the childins. I know that's Disney's thing, but the story was already kind of dark to begin with, and it could have been a much better movie than it was. Like keeping the Zira scenes, and not breaking the mood with Timon and Pumbaa's forced humor at completely inappropriate times.

I do feel like she is the most sympathetic villain in the Disney lineup. Of the ones I'm familiar with, anyway.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Tipsy
    ...and not breaking the mood with Timon and Pumbaa's forced humor at completely inappropriate times.
    ...Why aren't we bff's?

I absolutely despise comedic relief characters. I hated Timon and Pumbaa, I hated the gargoyles in Hunchback--just, ugh. It's fine if a character has the ability to be funny when it's appropriate, but to have their entire existence revolve around being humorous, and especially during a life and death situation, is just irritating. :/

Weasyl
    Matthew Wolfbane
    ...Why aren't we bff's?

I absolutely despise comedic relief characters. I hated Timon and Pumbaa, I hated the gargoyles in Hunchback--just, ugh. It's fine if a character has the ability to be funny when it's appropriate, but to have their entire existence revolve around being humorous, and especially during a life and death situation, is just irritating. :/
    Gargoyles