Weasyl
    Jess Quna

Some critique please

Hey, I've been engraving glass for a few months now (on and off really) but only the last few days I'm seriously getting some work done. Now I was wondering if there are things people would like to see improved or whether people have some tips I can use down the line. You're welcome to either reply here or on the picture that the comment is meant for. Of course you're welcome to comment/critique on my other art as well ^^

Glass Engravings

Greetings and gratitude
    Last edited by Jess Quna; 10-27-2014 at 10:10 PM.
    There's no shame in falling down as getting up shows your strength

Weasyl
    Antumbra
    I'll be honest, I have no clue how to do anything with glass, so I'm not sure how much I can help.

I do see some serious skill in the figures themselves. You do a great job with the form of the subject and being able to recreate the image using only the lineart. This one I thought came out very nicely: https://www.weasyl.com/submission/75...all-decoration

If I had to make a suggestion, it would be to push the text more. Don't forget that it is part of the piece as well. Like this one: https://www.weasyl.com/submission/76...all-decoration I love how you did the text, but the size of it made it almost seem like an afterthought.

I hope this helps and keep up the good work!

Weasyl
    Jess Quna
    Hmm, I see what you mean... Thanks! My friends ask for most pictures and usually they don't include text, maybe that's why. I'll be sure to pay more attention to text as well, as you said, it's part of the picture too
    Thanks!
    There's no shame in falling down as getting up shows your strength