Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
    Weasyl
    TwinkJinx
    Meh, the DDOS attack didn't bother me all too much. If anything, I'm surprised they spent large amounts of money on something pointless like art websites. I would have been much more impressed if they attacked websites like fox news and cnn.

Weasyl
    Kaedal
    You don't want to encourage them. They might take that as a challenge, and then where would we all find our unbiased news?

Weasyl
    Manna
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSavage View Post
    I will shut this thread down faster than you can say "hory shiet"
    Who are you again

Weasyl
    RedSavage
    Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    Who are you again
    I'm OP.
    I have this neat little button that says "Close This Thread". Nothing more.

Really I'm no one in particular.

Weasyl
    Manna
    the five minutes of nobody begging you not to says it all better than I could lmao

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #206

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Gonna ask people to calm down with the name calling towards Dragoneer in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamedog View Post
    So what is this donation thing I'm hearing about? Is the money going towards hiring extra coders? Or is this another "throw moar RAM at it" situation?

(Picture me trying to keep a straight face)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaedal View Post
    It's to raise money to pay off tax debt, and... servers? I think? I honestly didn't catch the exact things the money would be used on, but transparency was promised, so we'll see.
    I think they're going to use it for funds to move their data to cloud based servers? I can't really remember the details since the gofundme page got shut down and that's what had all the info on it.

DDoS wise, attacks are still coming and going afaik. Our IRC server was getting hit earlier at least. I don't know about the other sites. I saw some tweets about InkBunny going up and down but I don't know how accurate those are, since sometimes a site appearing down can just be on a user's end rather than the site's end. If GreenReaper want's to clarify on that he can.

Weasyl
    Kaedal
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiz View Post
    I think they're going to use it for funds to move their data to cloud based servers? I can't really remember the details since the gofundme page got shut down and that's what had all the info on it.
    I do recall Dragoneer mentioning that in a tweet.

DDoS wise, attacks are still coming and going afaik. Our IRC server was getting hit earlier at least. I don't know about the other sites. I saw some tweets about InkBunny going up and down but I don't know how accurate those are, since sometimes a site appearing down can just be on a user's end rather than the site's end. If GreenReaper want's to clarify on that he can.
    Are they still the same "size" so to speak, or more intermittent? You'd think someone would have taken responsibility for the attacks by now. More so if their goal was to piss off people by hitting these sites.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #208

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaedal View Post
    I do recall Dragoneer mentioning that in a tweet.

Are they still the same "size" so to speak, or more intermittent? You'd think someone would have taken responsibility for the attacks by now. More so if their goal was to piss off people by hitting these sites.
    I haven't had a real chance to talk to the dev team since of the time zone difference but it appears more intermittent.

Weasyl
    Kaedal
    I'm a sucker for graphs. it'd be neat to have some data and graphs to show the difference between peak hours and the attacks, but I can completely understand why that might not be feasible to release.

Weasyl
    Gamedog

Ah, interesting. Well GL to them I suppose.
    Is there a list anywhere of sites that have been/are being targeted?