Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Kaedal
    Quote Originally Posted by Flygon View Post
    And to be honest, and not to try and upset anyone or anything, but I can very easily see e621 absorbing a significant amount of the prospective audience, purely due to a large amount of people only wanting to be around to view the art. Weasyl quite simply lacks the art archive necessary to retain this audience. Inkbunny and particularly SoFurry face this problem too, but not as dramatically as Weasyl, thanks to how young the website is.

Also copypastaing image descriptions from the other sites to here is a pain. :U
    Sounds about right. I've had a Weasyl account for a year, but simply never used it because of habit. Now that I've given the website a chance, I figure I might as well stick around, but I'm an extremely easy person anyway. Give me a fancy system, interesting profiles, and a good layout and you'll have me clicking buttons everywhere.

... Which I suppose is why people always ask me to test out their stuff. They know I'll break it eventually.

Weasyl
    Torrijos_sama
    Thank God for downed websites and added drama. So, how's everyone doing now that their favorite web-browsing compulsions are down?

Weasyl
    Noxid
    Quote Originally Posted by Flygon View Post
    Also copypastaing image descriptions from the other sites to here is a pain. :U
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...kfdaenjc?hl=en

Weasyl
    Flygon
    Thanks! Yeah, the IRC chat hinted me in on that.

Weasyl
    Kaedal
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrijos_sama View Post
    Thank God for downed websites and added drama. So, how's everyone doing now that their favorite web-browsing compulsions are down?
    Absolutely fine. One website being down just means more time to visit other websites. Not disastrous.

I have gotten a lot more reading done, but I was already doing that before the downtime and has more to do with the absolutely horrible cold weather making me want to sit in a good chair with a good book.

And it grabs the image as well for the cross-post? Nice. Seems like a good time saver.

Weasyl
    FlynnCoyote
    I'm cutting myself until FA comes back, what else is there to do?
    We'll find a reason, or else realize that we don't need one.

Weasyl
    RedSavage
    Let's see. I've played more fetch with my dog in the past few days and I'm diggin' it. Also I'm reading which hopefully means some actual writing will follow soon. Also I have more time to study for my CDL test.

Quote Originally Posted by sassySloth View Post
    I don't get why FA gets so much flack. Whenever it goes down I see comments like "Good, FA sucks, I hope it stays down."

FA seems perfectly serviceable. It goes down almost monthly and it's kind of a cesspit, but it's the biggest site furries have, really. I can't find much to complain about.
    Like Flygon said it would be hard to convince everyone to bail on such a dominant site.
    As much as I dig some of the people on FA, the site is like a bad boyfriend that continually promises to be better, doesn't, and then goes missing for weekends at a time and comes back smelling of booze and another girl's perfume.

I honestly wouldn't dig on it so much if it wasn't for the fact that on more than 3 separate occasions I saw big overhyped posts about a sit update that simply never came. The only thing I notice is that the site news blog (fender's journals) was taken off the front page. No offense, but what kind of update removes informative posts off the front page?

Again. Me personally, I love to hate the site because deep down I really like what I've done their so far with all the people I've met. I only old my criticisms for the things I truly want to see be better. I don't bitch about the confused clutter that is SoFurry and the cesspit that is Inkbunny because I don't care if they go down the crapper. I'd actually like to see FA be a bit more functional than it is one day.

Just because you love and enjoy something doesn't mean you can't be highly critical of it.

Weasyl
    WolfNightV4X1
    Alright, thanks hewge and sweetsushi for clarifying...it just seems so harrd o^o Seriously, major props to the freelance artists that can make a living off of that.

...and I agree, FA really is a big hub website in the community it's probably why I joined, it seemed to be 'the' furry website. There's a lot of great people and I feel comfortable there it's a shame to see it does so poorly and that it doesn't live up to it's hype
    Howl 'Havoc' and let slip the wolves of war

Weasyl
    chaos_1152
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSavage View Post
    As much as I dig some of the people on FA, the site is like a bad boyfriend that continually promises to be better, doesn't, and then goes missing for weekends at a time and comes back smelling of booze and another girl's perfume.

I honestly wouldn't dig on it so much if it wasn't for the fact that on more than 3 separate occasions I saw big overhyped posts about a sit update that simply never came. The only thing I notice is that the site news blog (fender's journals) was taken off the front page. No offense, but what kind of update removes informative posts off the front page?

Again. Me personally, I love to hate the site because deep down I really like what I've done their so far with all the people I've met. I only old my criticisms for the things I truly want to see be better. I don't bitch about the confused clutter that is SoFurry and the cesspit that is Inkbunny because I don't care if they go down the crapper. I'd actually like to see FA be a bit more functional than it is one day.

Just because you love and enjoy something doesn't mean you can't be highly critical of it.
    For me i find Sofurry worse than FA because its we are better than FA attude that they have there. and mainly because everytime i ask the mods to somthing about one insane xbone fanboy they would either become rude about it or hostile and would give threats of me being banned. in another case i was in a thread seing same xbox fanboy going about saying he owns all consoles when called him on it untill a mod came along and started twisting it on me which at that point snapped at him by calling him useless pric. while at the same time the guy i was calling out gave me fake psn id as proof he had more consoles and yet in another thread said he had a closet full of 32 broken 360's.
    Last edited by chaos_1152; 10-17-2014 at 09:54 AM.

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Now that I think about it, I've had zero "experience" with the FA main site. Whenever I'd go there, it was just to go straight to the forums. (which I've not even visited for quite a while now...)

Guess I'm like that on pretty much all places I go though. "Who cares about the main site?! TO THE FORUMS!"

What do you even do on the main sites? Seems kind of boring... Plz enlighten me!