Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
Results 211 to 220 of 220
  1. #211
    While no one really commissions me or does trades or whatever, this attack has taught me to spread my artwork across more than just one site. Hence why I am here x3

  2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #212
    Sentimental Machine Fiz's Avatar

    Weasyl
    Fiz
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamedog View Post
    Ah, interesting. Well GL to them I suppose.
    Is there a list anywhere of sites that have been/are being targeted?
    Off the top of my head:

    FurAffinity
    FA Forums (since they're hosted separately)
    SoFurry
    InkBunny
    Weasyl
    e621
    F-List
    Paheal/Rule34

    I'm not sure of anything else getting hit. I heard some furry related imageboards got either hit with a DDoS or spam but I don't know how accurate that is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaedal View Post
    I'm a sucker for graphs. it'd be neat to have some data and graphs to show the difference between peak hours and the attacks, but I can completely understand why that might not be feasible to release.
    Asked the devs. Apparently we weren't hit in a way that really shows up in graphs, activity just drops to 0 because it gets blackholed.

  3. #213
    Senior Gnarl's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Doggywolf67
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Far Northern Minnesota
    Gender
    Male - Grandpa
    Posts
    110
    I Don't much care what he uses the rest for as long as the 200 a month is used to keep the site up for the next year!

  4. #214
    Rattlesnake Flavored RedSavage's Avatar
    Weasyl
    RedSavage
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    the five minutes of nobody begging you not to says it all better than I could lmao
    ...Oh! This supposed to be a personal of sorts.

    Aren't you cute.

  5. #215
    Regular Kaedal's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Kaedal
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiz View Post
    Off the top of my head:

    FurAffinity
    FA Forums (since they're hosted separately)
    SoFurry
    InkBunny
    Weasyl
    e621
    F-List
    Paheal/Rule34

    I'm not sure of anything else getting hit. I heard some furry related imageboards got either hit with a DDoS or spam but I don't know how accurate that is.
    Curiously, whereas all the main sites got hit around the same time, the forums and such only got hit after people flocked there. That tells me whoever it was didn't just start the attack and leave. They monitored it and tried to figure out where people went.

    Not that it tells much of who did it, nor does that really matter right now. But it's an interesting observation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiz View Post
    Asked the devs. Apparently we weren't hit in a way that really shows up in graphs, activity just drops to 0 because it gets blackholed.
    Thanks for taking the time to ask them. Even nothing showing up is still interesting.

  6. #216
    Regular GreenReaper's Avatar
    Weasyl
    GreenReaper
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    34
    Last edited by GreenReaper; 10-19-2014 at 06:36 PM.

  7. #217
    Regular Kaedal's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Kaedal
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    85
    Datadatadatadata! Thank you!

    That is actually fairly interesting to see.

  8. #218
    Senior Manna's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Manna
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Gender
    ORGONON GURL
    Posts
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSavage View Post
    ...Oh! This supposed to be a personal of sorts.

    Aren't you cute.
    You opened this conversation with an empty threat to lock down the thread I don't think you're the one who's in the position to be condescending right now lmao

  9. #219
    Senior Saiko's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Saiko
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    You opened this conversation with an empty threat to lock down the thread I don't think you're the one who's in the position to be condescending right now lmao
    He was using a hyperbole, not making a threat. :I

  10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #220
    [Logic is Erratic] Taw's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Taw
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    821
    This is getting fairly off-topic - please try and keep it on topic. The personal, off-topic debates can likely be dropped, or taken to private messaging if absolutely needed, but they aren't contributing at all to this thread. Further posts that don't contribute will be removed.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •