Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    GreenReaper
    Heck, I'm browsing them when Inkbunny is up! (For the most part. Had to muck out a few cesspits.)

I imagine he has other things to do, though.
    Last edited by GreenReaper; 10-17-2014 at 05:02 PM.

Weasyl
    WolfNightV4X1
    Is Weasyl getting DDoS attacks to? According to their tweets it says their site is receiving slowdown because of it
    Howl 'Havoc' and let slip the wolves of war

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #113

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfNightV4X1 View Post
    Is Weasyl getting DDoS attacks to? According to their tweets it says their site is receiving slowdown because of it
    Yes.

Given that these attacks apparently targeted very major groups, particularly Walmart and Norton, I get the feeling far more serious action may be taken against the perpetrators than grumbling from furry sites and the like.
    Sega does what Nintendon't.

Weasyl
    Tiido
    I certainly hope so !

Weasyl
    Kaedal
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJaySF View Post
    Given that these attacks apparently targeted very major groups, particularly Walmart and Norton, I get the feeling far more serious action may be taken against the perpetrators than grumbling from furry sites and the like.
    I tried looking that up, but couldn't find any information on the attacks going beyond furry oriented websites. I don't doubt that they did, but I'd be interested in seeing if either of those issued any sort of press release?

Weasyl
    RedSavage
    Oooo the DDoS must be getting heavier. Weasyl is starting to come up 522'd now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaedal View Post
    I tried looking that up, but couldn't find any information on the attacks going beyond furry oriented websites. I don't doubt that they did, but I'd be interested in seeing if either of those issued any sort of press release?
    RedSavage posted a thread linking to digitalattackmap.com or some such, remarking about those sorts of moves by these idiots against those groups. Picking on a corporate giant like Walmart is dumb as bricks, but going at Norton, the go-to guys for anti-virus materials? Suicide.
    Sega does what Nintendon't.

Weasyl
    Doggywolf67
    I will loan them a couple of rifles for the firing squad, hell I will even supply the bullets for free!

Weasyl
    Kaedal
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSavage View Post
    Oooo the DDoS must be getting heavier. Weasyl is starting to come up 522'd now and then.
    They keep trying. Hopefully, Weasyl is able to withstand it.

RedSavage posted a thread linking to digitalattackmap.com or some such, remarking about those sorts of moves by these idiots against those groups. Picking on a corporate giant like Walmart is dumb as bricks, but going at Norton, the go-to guys for anti-virus materials? Suicide.
    Ahh, okay, that makes sense. Going after anyone involved with a reputable anti-virus is ridiculous. I don't much like Norton's products, but I do respect them for the effort they put into them. Attacking them, even with a simple DDoS attack, is not a good idea.