Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Have a strange habit?

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #11

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Numerical volume controls must be set to a multiple of 2 or 5. I'm not thrilled about anything that has 7 as a factor either.

The exception is that I can listen to classic rock with the radio set to 11, because
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    SweetSushi
    I have many, one of them is: When I visite other ppl's house and I see the toilet paper pointed the different way. I WILL change it the good way (with the paper falling on front) ^__^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by piñardilla View Post
    Numerical volume controls must be set to a multiple of 2 or 5. I'm not thrilled about anything that has 7 as a factor either.

The exception is that I can listen to classic rock with the radio set to 11, because
    I have the same with sewing or anything with numbers. When I make patterns for my sewing work the numbers must have some logical distance, so instead of 39 I will make it 40. Or with buying buttons, I rlly only need 9, but instead I buy 10 cause I like that better ^__^ Nice round up number :3 lol
    Last edited by SweetSushi; 10-15-2014 at 07:47 AM.

Weasyl
    Tipsy
    Man, people keep naming off habits I have that I don't even think about! :'D

I try not to do that, but sometimes I can't help setting the volume in multiples of 5 or 10. My brother is the same way, but he insists on any number that isn't odd. Any number at all, so long as it's not odd. I would love to know the reasoning behind this one. What is it about those numbers that bothers us so much?

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    I talk to myself more than could be considered normal.

I also must have pens capped/ clicked in when done with them. Drives me crazy when people don't.
    Watch me swooce right in.

Weasyl
    Tossu-sama
    I always keep all the pens and pencils pointing the same way in the pencil case. Considering how I place the case on the desk, they're always in the optimal position for me to just grab one and not adjust it too much in my hand anymore. It also drives me crazy when someone borrows a pen from me and then puts it back in the case the wrong way. Good enough reason for me to be reluctant to let people borrow my pens or at least put them back by themselves. It can't be that hard, SHEESH.

I also have very low tolerance for drawers and closet doors that are open just a little bit. It's annoying. If you close them, close them properly dammit.

Aaaand I make stupid faces when I draw. Especially when I'm drawing a certain expression I tend to catch myself having the same expression on my face. :I
    "If you want to test wisdom, offer it to fools and watch how they tear it up."
    ---
    deviantARTy!GalleryFur AffinityWeasylArt Tumblr

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #16

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    I also input cook times on the microwave to minimize finger travel. A minute and a half? No thank you, 88 seconds.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    Manna
    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsy View Post
    I've never heard of that, but that doesn't sound like an insignificant habit. That sounds to me like something really serious and terribly painful. If you don't mind my asking, is there something in particular that brings it on? (If this is too touchy a subject, please accept my apologies, and know that I don't expect you to answer if you don't want to! :c)
    oh no haha I wouldn't have brought it up if I didn't feel comfy talking about it

It's not as painful as it would seem... from personal experience and from the other people I know who have it, you could describe it as an "almost sexual" pleasure from mutilating your mouth, usually and most potently the gums

It's a surprisingly common mental disorder that's under diagnosed. The article I linked talks about how dentists don't often explore the intersection of mental health and oral hygiene

It's not often "brought up" or triggered in the sense that a panic attack or depressive episode can be triggered. It's more of a constant obsession, idly chewing my lips or flossing my teeth a little too thoroughly. I have a thing of floss sitting at my desk if the urge becomes strong, or I might use the cap of a crystal pen.

I guess it's KIND OF brought up whenever I see pictures of injured mouths. Scraped lips, bleeding teeth, oral surgery. In that sense it's kind of like a smoker seeing someone else light a cigarette, the want is already there but now you've had your attention drawn to it.

It might seem painful but ultimately it's something I enjoy doing. It's a very small amount of pain for the amount of pleasure it gives me. I just have to be careful not to go overboard and end up needing grafts like the girl in the article. My gums are actually receding just a tiny bit so I guess I should probably take a break for a while, haha

Weasyl
    SweetSushi
    I also input cook times on the microwave to minimize finger travel. A minute and a half? No thank you, 88 seconds.
    Well that's just very smart! Never thought about it that way! I guess I am more like it has to be PRECISELY like it said! I am a bit of a perfectionist. So when it says 90 and I like the rounded up number, I do 90. But I can totally understand to do 88 cause its quicker and still a nice number ^_^

Weasyl
    Matthew Wolfbane
    Sometimes, when either nervous or just in need of releasing some energy, I tend to withdraw in a corner and fidget around erratically.
    I'm not sure whether that's an odd habit or just something natural, but I think it's weird anyway.

Weasyl
    N/A
    In the parking lot at work, all the spaces are numbered, and I only will park in even numbered spots, because I think the odd ones might bring bad luck.