Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Have a strange habit?

Weasyl
    Tipsy

Have a strange habit?

Do you have any insignificant habits that you just can't seem to break? Things you never noticed you did until someone pointed it out to you, or perhaps raised an eyebrow at? I know I can't be the only one! Share your habits and how you think they started!

I have a few that I've recognized, or that people have asked me about:
    • I have to touch my hand to the corner at the top of the stairs in my house before I round it. I'm not sure where this one came from, but I've only been doing it for the past few years.
    • I have to put water on my toothbrush before and after I put toothpaste on it. My fiancÚ is absolutely baffled by this for some reason. I've been doing this since I was a kid, and I'm pretty sure that's just how I was taught. It seems to bind the toothpaste to the bristles better so that your toothpaste doesn't accidentally fall off into the sink, lol.
    • I lick both sides of chips. This is one I feel really weird about, because I've never heard anyone else admit to doing it. Not sure when it started, but it rewards me with lots of flavor! Lays and Pringles are no match for me! P:

Does anyone here do any of those things, by chance? :'D

One habit I recently broke myself of was removing the tabs off of cans. That one started in fifth grade when my friend was raising money by collecting can tabs to buy her family member a wheelchair. Not sure how that works, but I was a habitual soda drinker, so I always gave her my tabs. I was only able to break the habit because I stopped drinking soda.

Weasyl
    Manna

Weasyl
    Tipsy
    I've never heard of that, but that doesn't sound like an insignificant habit. That sounds to me like something really serious and terribly painful. If you don't mind my asking, is there something in particular that brings it on? (If this is too touchy a subject, please accept my apologies, and know that I don't expect you to answer if you don't want to! :c)

Weasyl
    Hewge
    At times, I'm just too Hewge. Some people can't seem to handle it...

Weasyl
    Tipsy
    Quote Originally Posted by Hewge View Post
    At times, I'm just too Hewge. Some people can't seem to handle it...
    That's a wonderful habit to have. :'D

Weasyl
    wolf_dude14
    Iv got a couple. I dont think they are to bad but people have told me they are weird.

I have to go outside to smoke a cigarette after every meal. Couple friends of mine and even one that smokes says im weird. Lol
    The outside of my truck gets dirty and I don't mind so much but the inside must stay clean. If my friends all pile in and we go somewhere I wont say anything and I dont mind at all but you bet ill be stopping at a car wash once I drop everyone off just to vacume the carpet.
    I also run water over my toothbrush before and after I actually start to brush my teeth. Iv never given that any thought at all but I guess only a couple people do that. For as long as iv been brushing my teeth iv done that. Lol

Weasyl
    Dire Newt
    Whenever I drink something fizzy, I swish it around in my mouth once before swallowing it.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Ah! I do the toothbrush thing! WATER MUST BE ON IT, how can you not?! XD I also tap my finger when I have something in it, like a fork, spoon, pen even a mouse. I've only started to notice it within the last year or two, so maybe it's new. The tab habit you mentioned reminded me of how I always open my popcans halfway an suck on it. I've never felt it's weird to do but people around me think it is, ah well. D;

Weasyl
    Tipsy
    Quote Originally Posted by Moogle View Post
    The tab habit you mentioned reminded me of how I always open my popcans halfway an suck on it.
    Omg, this is one of the things I used to do when I drank soda, I'd totally forgotten about it. You're not alone! :'D

Weasyl
    Antumbra
    Whenever I wear a hat I tend to slowly push the bill up throughout the day until it pretty much is sitting on the back of my head. Does that count?

I totally do the toothbrush thing too, but I only wet it first, no water on the toothpaste!

Oh and I pick my scabs. Kinda gross, but I just can't stand to see the blemish. I have to remove it!