Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Forum and Theme Upgrades

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    Weasyl
    Taw

Forum and Theme Upgrades

We’ve upgraded our version of vBulletin to the latest available version as well as tweaked and upgraded the various plugins we use.

The new theme is currently a work in progress, and will be modified throughout the following weeks while we get it fully set up the way we’d like it to be.

If you have problems with this theme, you can change your theme back to the old one, which is “Weasyl”, in the footer. Please note that we will not be upgrading that theme or supporting it anymore, so any errors you encounter may not be fixed.

Additionally, a few plugins still need upgrading, so a few features may not be available to all users at this time.

W2 is way too bright. Going to stick with W1.
    Sega does what Nintendon't.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3

Weasyl
    Eminoxic
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJaySF View Post
    W2 is way too bright. Going to stick with W1.
    I'll personally spend attention on the "Weasyl" layout, for people that enjoy the darker look. It won't be a full staff effort, so things may take a little longer than the normal "ALL HAND'S ON DECK!!" approach though .
    [1:14:39 AM] Kihari: I guess I should go shower and find something to eat
    [1:15:00 AM] Eminoxic: or go eat and find something to shower
    [1:15:13 AM] Kihari: if you come with me I promise I'll let you drop the soap

Weasyl
    Noxid
    Why is the colourset so disjointed with the mainsite now?
    It seems odd to me that the site is blue but the forum is newspaper-coloured

black, white and red all over
    ,('-' )/T *badum-tish*

Weasyl
    Swanda
    Ufff, white is not a nice background. My poor eyes.
    It actually kinda make the theme resemble a pokéball XD Red top, black stripe middle and white bottom.
    I think most every issue I have with this new stuff, is that it's new and I need to get used to it.
    The overwhelming white is a bad thing though.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6

Weasyl
    Eminoxic
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanda View Post
    Ufff, white is not a nice background. My poor eyes.
    It actually kinda make the theme resemble a pokéball XD Red top, black stripe middle and white bottom.
    I think most every issue I have with this new stuff, is that it's new and I need to get used to it.
    The overwhelming white is a bad thing though.
    Wow racist!

Joking aside, I'm not usually a fan of white for layouts either, but I do enjoy this layout. Though now that you mention it I can see why you say there is an overwhelming amount of white on the theme, I'll talk with Taw about and see if he wants to adjust some of it slightly. I can't make any promises of course, but throughout the weeks we plan to modify the theme some anyways, so would be a good time for me to bring it up to him, show him some examples, etc.
    [1:14:39 AM] Kihari: I guess I should go shower and find something to eat
    [1:15:00 AM] Eminoxic: or go eat and find something to shower
    [1:15:13 AM] Kihari: if you come with me I promise I'll let you drop the soap

Weasyl
    Noxid

Weasyl
    Vae
    I actually really like the colors of the new layout (I'm fond of high-contrast colorschemes for written word), so I'd like it to remain an option, even if it does not remain as the actual default theme.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Tipsy
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxid View Post
    guys I figured out how to fix the layout
    >"how to take a screenshot"

:'D

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #10
    Weasyl
    Taw
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    I actually really like the colors of the new layout (I'm fond of high-contrast colorschemes for written word), so I'd like it to remain an option, even if it does not remain as the actual default theme.
    The plan is for the new layout to be the new default for people, with the option to use the legacy layout (the old one). I know there's complaints that it's too bright for some, and we'll be tweaking the layout a bit to see what we can do in regards to that. I personally don't find it to be too bright, but we may move the background colours to a slightly darker white (possibly #ddd to match parts of the main site a bit more).