Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: On indentation

Weasyl
    Kaedal
    Quote Originally Posted by Onnes View Post
    I think the main issue with using vertical space to separate paragraphs is that it can be perceived as a greater separation between the paragraphs' content compared to indentation.
    Yeah, I think that's actually a pretty good argument against it. I think I might start changing that habit, as I have used vertical spacing to signify content seperation in the past, and I'd rather not run into any issues with it.

Weasyl
    Doggywolf67
    I tell you what, I got the office 2013 and it nearly drove me nuts. Every time I would hit the period and then the enter to go to the next line, the dumb thing would add lots of extra lines as it thought I was doing a paragraph. It took me a week to figure out how to change that stupid thing in the format, and it was not where you would expect it to be. It also had an issue with the left justify, for some reason it would put the first line all the way to the left then every line after that was in 8 spaces. The spell check in it is even worse, just try to create fictional names, I dare you! God forbid that someone should ever do dialect in a different language... it always tried to correct the spelling to a word in English. boy.....

Weasyl
    Manna
    try shift and enter at the same time

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #14
    Weasyl
    MLR
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarl View Post
    I tell you what, I got the office 2013 and it nearly drove me nuts. Every time I would hit the period and then the enter to go to the next line, the dumb thing would add lots of extra lines as it thought I was doing a paragraph. It took me a week to figure out how to change that stupid thing in the format, and it was not where you would expect it to be. It also had an issue with the left justify, for some reason it would put the first line all the way to the left then every line after that was in 8 spaces. The spell check in it is even worse, just try to create fictional names, I dare you! God forbid that someone should ever do dialect in a different language... it always tried to correct the spelling to a word in English. boy.....
    This is precisely why I don't use Microsoft products. They think they know better than you do what you want to type, and trying to figure out how to turn off all the auto-correct nonsense is infuriating.

You could try LibreOffice. It's free to download. It does do a lot of the same auto-correct nonsense, but it's not nearly as bad, and it's much easier to turn it all off. I also know someone who uses a Chinese bootleg knockoff of Microsoft Office that he says is much more user-friendly than the real thing, but I can't recall what it was called.