Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Any bronies?

CE adores the brony fandom because they are an endless font of cringe videos.
    Get a loada this guy here.
    https://twitter.com/DogdongD

Weasyl
    TheKC
    I've always been a fan of Ponies sense I was a kid. lol I have some really old ones.

I love the new show and how well its written and animated.
    I need to do more fan art for the show. hehehe

Weasyl
    N/A
    I'm not technically a Brony, but I am excited about seeing the upcoming season, and have had tons of fun watching the show.

Bronycon was held here in Baltimore the past two years...didn't go, but me and my mate went down to the convention center where it was held, and just wandered around outside, people-watching. It was pretty funny, the reactions and all, with various rainbow-dash mohawks and a few fursuiters walking around.

Weasyl
    WolfNightV4X1
    Quote Originally Posted by SimoSkunk View Post
    I'm not technically a Brony, but I am excited about seeing the upcoming season, and have had tons of fun watching the show.

Bronycon was held here in Baltimore the past two years...didn't go, but me and my mate went down to the convention center where it was held, and just wandered around outside, people-watching. It was pretty funny, the reactions and all, with various rainbow-dash mohawks and a few fursuiters walking around.
    Baltimare, you nub! Everypony knows that!

---

haha, anyways, I like MLP. I kind of have phases where I'm really in love with it and right now I'm more in the 'Yeah, I like it' phase. When I watched it I was like "Holy shiz, this thing is amazing I am in love with it the animation and happy songs are stuck in my head I love the creativity and work they put into it aaaaah!'. I haven't gotten around to watching season 2 yet but maybe I will eventually
    Howl 'Havoc' and let slip the wolves of war

Weasyl
    Ruggy
    I was a pretty big brony back during S1/S2. Fanart, merch, obsessing over it with similarly-obsessed friends. Even did the "make a ton of OC ponies and RP with them" bit. Then my interest just dropped off.

I still like the show, but I'm not caught up on it and I pretty actively avoid the fandom. I looked back into the ol' brony community after a year or so of doing other things and it seemed like it got hostile and weird in the interim. :/
    Formerly gorgonops. I do art-type stuff.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggy View Post
    I was a pretty big brony back during S1/S2. Fanart, merch, obsessing over it with similarly-obsessed friends. Even did the "make a ton of OC ponies and RP with them" bit. Then my interest just dropped off.

I still like the show, but I'm not caught up on it and I pretty actively avoid the fandom. I looked back into the ol' brony community after a year or so of doing other things and it seemed like it got hostile and weird in the interim. :/
    It did seem to get a bit hostile and weird. What I got annoyed by were these 'experts' who knew every detail about everypony and every show and every writer, and would write these long-winded, pompous posts as if they we're doing a masters dissertation on Shakespeare. It was like the battle of the pony experts and they would ignore all but the elite few experts like them, which for me, kinda took the fun out of talking about the show. So when you said, 'hostile and weird', my ears perked right up.

Still, I plan to check out the next season...I don't watch a lot of current TV, and it did deliver some laughs and smiles in the past.

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    I just always loved the bronies who were like "We're not furries OK?!" And the furries who were like "We're not Bronies OK?!" That whole debacle was hilarious.
    Watch me swooce right in.

Weasyl
    Manna

Weasyl
    RogueSareth
    Love the show, the third season was rushed but otherwise I've enjoyed it. Equestria Girls was even better than I thought it was going to be.
    Want to check out the comics at some point.

Also have no issue calling myself a brony since I discovered that a lot of the "worst" shit from the fandom was blatantly made up by 16 years old Tumblr with no lives.

Had some My Little Ponies as a kid. I tried to watch the show and it seemed surprisingly competent but still too childish for me. Can't say I really like the fandom stuff, even the anthro and humanized ponies don't really appeal to me.