All literary text submissions deleted.

It seems that the actual text of all my literary text submissions has been submitted. When I looked around the site, it seems like the same issue has affected everyone's literary submissions.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    I don't see a single affected submission on the site.

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    OP, can you link to a submission that appears to you to be affected? Also, what browser+addons are you using?
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

I'm seeing the same thing. It doesn't seem to have affected my most recent submission (of September 22), but from a quick look, anything older seems to have been affected. (This is all stuff that's uploaded as plain text.)

Link to an affected submission:
    https://www.weasyl.com/submission/48...untress-teaser

I'm using Firefox 32.0.3 and IE 11.0.9600.17280, and it seems to be a problem with both.
    website | blog | FurAffinity | Amazon | Goodreads | Smashwords | Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by piņardilla View Post
    OP, can you link to a submission that appears to you to be affected? Also, what browser+addons are you using?
    Here's one:

https://www.weasyl.com/submission/142939/soot-and-iron

When I first noticed it, I browsed for text submissions and they all seemed the same way. I waited a few days to see if it was something that was known and would be fixed, but since it's still there, I figured I'd post about it in case it wasn't known.

And it appears this way with all browsers I've tried - Firefox, IE, and Chrome.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Cassander and Poetigress,

We found the problem. It was a subtle issue with one of our cache servers. As we've had to expand the backend for growing load, one of the sets of pointers (that specifically affects literary submissions) didn't carry over right.

Because it was about cacheing, it only affected submissions before the date it was cut over! Everything is now consistent, and we have an error warn us now if this sort of thing happens again.

Thanks for your patience!