Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Weasyl
    Tipsy
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    There actually IS a good reason why devs go for this look and it's one of the main reasons you don't see many female protags in big budget 3D games (keyword being 3D). It's actually not always about demographics and such or what agenda pushing crybabies want to chalk it up to, laziness. But this picture just serves as a joke really in response to Benny's post.
    Ah, okay. I'm curious to know your thoughts, but I feel like I would derail the thread.

But, slightly more on topic... Whether the creator's vision has you playing as a human, an animal, or something in between, I feel that games are just worth enjoying. I try to stay open to all the possibilities, because I might end up finding a wonderful hidden gem of a game in the process. Every person's taste is different, but we broaden our horizons by taking chances, right? c:

Weasyl
    N/A
    Last edited by DrunkCat; 10-14-2014 at 09:19 AM.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Weasyl
    Harbinger
    Okami?
    "Some people think im bonkers, but i just think im free..."

Weasyl
    WolfNightV4X1
    SLY COOPER! ^_^

Also, Spyro and I played one I forgot it was something like Ty the tasmanian tiger...I didnt finish it though.

...once we got a neopets game o^o But it was cool the main characters were Lupes and it was fun the main guy wielded a sword and went on an adventure, I regret I didnt at least try to finish it. Could've determined if it was actually good or not.

- - - Updated - - -

---

Regarding the stigma of the furry community, that is unfortunately a factor, producers see a lot of the negativity surfacing around the anthro genre from the internet anf have begun to ignore it. I read that in a post made by comic artist of 'peter and company', he's a cartoonist who has been turned down because his characters were animals.

A recent 'furry' game was Dust: An elysian tail. Many people argued it was furry but the creators themselves said they were not furry.

It really does tick me off when people scream furry at everything with animal characters in it, especially when the artists themselves arent and just want to have a good time making their characters
    Last edited by WolfNightV4X1; 10-17-2014 at 12:29 AM.
    Howl 'Havoc' and let slip the wolves of war

Weasyl
    N/A
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Weasyl
    Mugourth
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfNightV4X1 View Post
    SLY COOPER! ^_^

Also, Spyro and I played one I forgot it was something like Ty the tasmanian tiger...I didnt finish it though.

...once we got a neopets game o^o But it was cool the main characters were Lupes and it was fun the main guy wielded a sword and went on an adventure, I regret I didnt at least try to finish it. Could've determined if it was actually good or not.

- - - Updated - - -

---

Regarding the stigma of the furry community, that is unfortunately a factor, producers see a lot of the negativity surfacing around the anthro genre from the internet anf have begun to ignore it. I read that in a post made by comic artist of 'peter and company', he's a cartoonist who has been turned down because his characters were animals.

A recent 'furry' game was Dust: An elysian tail. Many people argued it was furry but the creators themselves said they were not furry.

It really does tick me off when people scream furry at everything with animal characters in it, especially when the artists themselves arent and just want to have a good time making their characters
    And that's why there are so few games I can get hyped up for anymore. Do you think the unneeded disdain towards the furry fandom will ever end, and then we may start seeing more media that has anthro-characters outside of being generic villains for humans?

Weasyl
    WolfNightV4X1
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Bunnycorn View Post
    And that's why there are so few games I can get hyped up for anymore. Do you think the unneeded disdain towards the furry fandom will ever end, and then we may start seeing more media that has anthro-characters outside of being generic villains for humans?
    It'll probably always be looked down upon but it will never go away I can see that much.

It's been around longer than the word 'furry' was coined and It's safe to say it will be around. The furry hate is only a result of people needed to pin a group to hate, that just never stops happening.

Of course, the barely legal subsets of the fandom don't help but that's not going away either so we just have to live with it. At the very least though I'd hope people stop hating a nonsexual furry thing for NO reason other than it being human/animal characters.

Weasyl
    Tipsy
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    It basically boils down to being less expensive.
    Thank you. I had a feeling it was heavily dependent on expenses. A very informative post, and I couldn't agree more with your point about the alleging of oppression. The idea that furries are stigmatized to the point of "oppression" is absurd, and I feel that it speaks volumes of the accuser's lack of understanding of what it is to actually be oppressed.

Dillon's Rolling Western is 100% animal characters.

Weasyl
    WolfNightV4X1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsy View Post
    Thank you. I had a feeling it was heavily dependent on expenses. A very informative post, and I couldn't agree more with your point about the alleging of oppression. The idea that furries are stigmatized to the point of "oppression" is absurd, and I feel that it speaks volumes of the accuser's lack of understanding of what it is to actually be oppressed.
    Maybe not oppression but the mindset does hurt the industry of gamemakers or comic artists who have animal characters in mind. If I could find that link I'll link it here...