Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 10 o.o

Weasyl
    Takaia

Windows 10 o.o

So apparently they're completely skipping windows 9 and going on to windows 10... unless Windows 8.1 actually counts as windows 9. But they're letting anyone be testers for it now! I'm not quite tech savvy enough to test it out, but has anyone else tried Windows 10?

heres's a video about it: http://youtu.be/84NI5fjTfpQ

Weasyl
    Noxid

Weasyl
    Takaia
    Haha I see that makes sense why they're doing 10 then even though that may have been a poor coding choice it's good that Windows decided to work around it and avoid any issues. It's interesting to know that, thanks!

Weasyl
    N/A
    You could always paste into the command line by right clicking, it was just kinda clunky how clipboard worked.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Weasyl
    Shad-Wolf
    I don't particularly like the look of Windows 10, it still carries that same flat toony look about it from Windows 8, I can't truly see Windows 10 as a modern kind of system. Oh but what's this? Start Button added back in? yeah that's cool and all, but I'm still not convinced it's gonna be any better, because you'll still have to deal with WGA which is a waste of time, why should you have to validate Windows when you've already purchased it? isn't that not valid enough? Then they wonder why people pirate and modify Windows to strip all that crap out of the systems they built.

as for the copy+paste thing with the command line doesn't Ctrl+Shift+V not work for pasting?

Weasyl
    Noxid
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadWolf View Post
    I don't particularly like the look of Windows 10, it still carries that same flat toony look about it from Windows 8, I can't truly see Windows 10 as a modern kind of system.
    TEIO, but I prefer the flat look myself. I thought Aero was a bunch of glassy crap. I'm glad we've got a nice clean, simple frame style.

as for the copy+paste thing with the command line doesn't Ctrl+Shift+V not work for pasting?
    Nope. DrunkCat is right though, and navigating a right-click menu for copy-paste is not something I enjoy.

as far as WGA, well, digital rights management is a whole different kettle of fish but I don't remember having any problems with it anytime I've legally acquired the software?

Weasyl
    Shad-Wolf
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxid View Post
    TEIO, but I prefer the flat look myself. I thought Aero was a bunch of glassy crap. I'm glad we've got a nice clean, simple frame style.

Nope. DrunkCat is right though, and navigating a right-click menu for copy-paste is not something I enjoy.

as far as WGA, well, digital rights management is a whole different kettle of fish but I don't remember having any problems with it anytime I've legally acquired the software?
    The thing that puts me off is the fact that the buttons and window frames look too big, I know if it were on huge screens that are 34" it wouldn't look so bad, but for smaller screens it looks pretty crammed together with no space to do anything.

When I tried Windows 8 I immediately didn't like it. Why? because all the customizing and other stuff were locked because you have to do that stupid WGA crap before using it, and I find that a waste of time having to validate the OS with a key when you've already bought it on a system that had it pre-installed or purchased directly from Microsoft or another retailer.

Weasyl
    N/A
    That's actually mildly amusing to hear, I got my Win8 copy through the upgrade program for around $20 using a questionable Win7 install and have never had a problem.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Weasyl
    PunkPooch
    10 looks awful along with windows 8/8.1/etc period. i honestly feel bad for people that own it unless you enjoy it then i guess...??
    They literally just shoved a tablet interface onto a computer and gave it secure boot so you can't replace the os. Its garbage tbh

Weasyl
    pinardilla
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.