Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Weasyl Skype group?

Weasyl
    N/A
    I'm Aleuthewolf because i'm original :U
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    Tango
    I'm already there.

Groups like this are best kept small, once they get bigger they are hard to keep under control and usually turn into a horror show and collapse in on themselves. I'd say the best chats are small groups of friends rather than an open room where anyone can join in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Groups like this are best kept small, once they get bigger they are hard to keep under control and usually turn into a horror show and collapse in on themselves. I'd say the best chats are small groups of friends rather than an open room where anyone can join in.
    Well, if you want in, you're welcome to join.

Sorry I haven't been keeping up. I just wanted to make this post because it might be acceptable to set a few rules since it's been requested. I usually don't do this kind of thing just because I've never thought it necessary but popular opinion doesn't agree.

1: Don't deliberately attack people for their race/sex/ethnicity/religion/sexual orientation/other things you'd be sued or arrested for IRL.

2: I don't care what kind of links people post, but if it's not safe, please make sure to specify as often as you can remember for obvious reasons. Also, please don't post any links that contain malicious software like viruses, trojans, worms, spyware, etc.

3: It's a big chat, so please don't send content through it. If you want to send an image to someone, send it through PM. I know that everyone can just cancel the download, but it's still a little annoying.

4: I support free speech, you have the right to express yourselves, but so does everybody else. Do not use free speech as an excuse to shield your views from criticism or debate, that's cowardly and annoying and I will call you out on it.

5: No flooding the chat with the same message, especially extremely long ones.

6: While I don't care if people randomly change the conversation topic or image for fun, please don't put anything racist, sexist, or otherwise offensive in it.

7: While there is a rule against attacking people for things they can't help or are otherwise showing intolerance, I do not care about swearing or otherwise rough language as long as it isn't being used to flame someone. Don't be a pansy and complain about it, just turn on the swear filter if it bothers you so much.

That's all I can think of right now. It isn't a strict chat and making it that way would just make it less fun, but this should help a little with the problems people have.
    Last edited by Kazekai; 10-06-2012 at 02:51 PM.
    If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please," I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes."

I wouldn't mind an invite! Skype name's bluejay.dragoness

I may leave at random points, specifically during work when I don't want constant dinging draining my battery life. >.<

Also, not sure what the max limit is on chats, though I do know that you can't have more than 25 people to a room if you want to voice chat!

Weasyl
    StudioTRUE
    Drag me in. i want to be gay.

It is also completely possible for anyone to add anyone else to the chat, so if anyone checks here regularly and sees a new person who's interested, I'd appreciate them adding that person.
    If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please," I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes."

Weasyl
    Flygon
    The chat is getting very large. I'm getting delays of new messages of up to 20 minutes. I only get this with uber large Skype chats.

I propose a temporary IRC channel.

Weasyl
    doki
    Hey invite me: moonkeo

Just you know. Message me on here or the main site to tell me who you are. Just so I know that it's not some random person not from the site.