Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #31

Weasyl
    Fayv
    Quote Originally Posted by Thestory View Post
    That should be the goal. Lets all upload as much and as fast as we can and see if we can crash it! Or at least give this sucker a good test run. I honestly don't want it to crash. :V
    Please don't it isn't meant to crash, but the last thing we need is a murphy test on day 1

Weasyl
    TheStory
    I was just playing, and even with the excitement people are bound to be getting on at different times. People have to eat, work, go to school, sleep, and generally live. How many initial users are invited to the beta anyhow?

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #33

Weasyl
    Fayv
    I don't believe the server will crash with that many uploads, though we may get charged a ton for bandwidth usage, which would be unfortunate. I don't actually know the number of invites, that isn't really my department. probably quite a few people judging from the forum enrollment.
    Ah well, it is time I finished my work for the night. Cheers all, see you at the opening.

Weasyl
    oly
    My guess is around 500 people, give or take 150 or so. Based on my recollection of the fundraiser and the forum membership plus a pure estimation of how many might have donated like I did after the fundraiser.

I'd be surprised it it was less than four or five hundred over the course of the first 24-48 hours open.

every hour that goes by just makes me more and more excited. I just hope my expectations arent too high :'D! But ive already been pleasantly surprised by Weasyl before
    there should be a raffle, guessing what time they will send them out. I say 3pm.

Weasyl
    Clambo
    Quote Originally Posted by Oly View Post
    My guess is around 500 people, give or take 150 or so. Based on my recollection of the fundraiser and the forum membership plus a pure estimation of how many might have donated like I did after the fundraiser.

I'd be surprised it it was less than four or five hundred over the course of the first 24-48 hours open.
    Don't forget everyone that donated gets 10 invites per month, so everyone will at least probably invite their friends- could end up being more then we expect. I'm sure we'll get plenty of name-squatters registering too.

Weasyl
    taasla
    I've already filled up 6 of my 10 invites for when I can invite someone.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I'm going to be at work when it opens. :/ Oh well.
    I just hope I'll be able to get my username...

Weasyl
    GingerM
    I have seven of my ten pencilled in as well... now I'm checking my hotmail every five minutes
    FA: GINGERM | RHIANNON ~ SOFURRY ~ FUTANARI PALACE ~ RENDEROTICA
    WEASYL ~ DEVIANTART ~ HENTAI FOUNDRY ~ WIKIFUR
    Live life to the fullest, love with a full heart.

Probably won't open until tonight.
    If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please," I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes."