Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Upcoming Beta Invitations

Hello everyone! We are making final preparations for our beta roll-out and wanted to give everybody a heads-up on what to expect in the near future. Below are some cases and information that might apply to you.

I donated enough to have my name on the Thank You page

Due to privacy reasons, we will not use donators' real names on our Thank You page by default; we will use either the name you choose for your Weasyl account or, if you do not register during the beta, we will contact you to ask you what name you would like us to use to refer to you.

I donated enough to receive an invitation to the beta site

You will receive an email that contains a link to our signup page on or before the beta release date. You must register your account using the email address that this message is sent to; if you would like to register your Weasyl account using a different email address, please send me a message via weasyl.sysop@gmail.com from the email address you donated with stating the address you would prefer to use on Weasyl.

The link included in the email will point to an address on https://www.weasyl.com (before filling out the registration form, you may wish to ensure that the security certificate information is correct).

I donated enough to register a premium account

Premium status will be applied to accounts after they become registered. There will be no need to notify the staff in order to have your account upgraded. However, if you expect your account to be upgraded and several days go by after you register your account and it still is not upgraded, please contact us to have the situation corrected. You will know that your account has been upgraded to premium when you go to your settings page and see the header Premium Settings. Your account will remain in premium mode throughout the duration of our beta testing period in addition to the period your donation made you eligible for thereafter.

I already have an account that I registered on Fergal or an earlier version of Weasyl

All previously registered accounts have been kept in the system, along with any submissions, journals, commission prices, avatars, and other content that was submitted to the site during the alpha. Upon returning to your account you may notice that your message center has been cleared, that alpha groups are no longer present, and other minor deletions that were made along the way; this is normal and should cause no usability issues.
    Last edited by Kihari; 09-21-2012 at 08:00 PM.

I'm glad our privacy is a concern, I look forward to the beta.
    If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please," I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes."

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3

Quote Originally Posted by Mosr View Post
    I've one question: what will Weasyl's official 'birth date' be?
    We should be up and running by the 30th of this month.
    Last edited by Kihari; 09-21-2012 at 10:22 PM.

Weasyl
    Tiger
    VERY excited! You guys must be excited, too! c: 30th can't come soon enough.

Weasyl
    Temrin
    Good to know that previous accounts were kept~
    Though, do we still re-reg with the email or does it notify us that we are now capable of logging back in, etc?

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6

Quote Originally Posted by Temrin View Post
    do we still re-reg with the email or does it notify us that we are now capable of logging back in, etc?
    Basically the latter; the invite system is based on allowing new accounts, so for the existing accounts the emails will be a special case sort of thing, and also with a link to the forgotten password recovery page since several have probably done so. :v

Can't wait ^^
    I'm gonna have to try drawing more now

Weasyl
    TheStory
    Awesome deal. I look forward to the opening.

Sweet! Can't wait until this place opens up!

Weasyl
    teckworks
    Camping outside the front doors as I type this. :>
    Last edited by teckworks; 09-28-2012 at 02:23 AM. Reason: typo
    Best signature ever.
    tumblr | deviantART | YouTube
    Impact font makes everything awesome.