Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Weasyl
    Vae
    Or god forbid you bathe your animal when it's dirty or incapable of cleaning itself.

The comments I see on those damn videos. Especially ones of cats.
    Calling for everything from taking the animal away from the owner, to straight up drowning or killing the owner.
    Ugh.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Namba
    Why am I disappointed to see there's no mention of drama in the OP? Must be the furry gene.

Or an incredibly misleading thread title. Take your pick.

Weasyl
    chaos_1152
    I remember watching one youtube video where the comments imploded because the channel owner said he liked diet sodas more than the sugar based ones.

Weasyl
    Vae
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    But you should see the comments on tarantulaguy's videos. Everyone telling him to kill his pets or that they'd do it for him just because they're not as fluffy and inoffensive as a pomeranian. lmao
    They only care about animal abuse when its the typical definition of cute.
    I've seen those on spider and snake videos, too.
    Especially ones where spiders or snakes are eating.
    Those people are pretty disgusting.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    I actually saw one video of a girl saying petting your dog is rape. lmao
    Needless to say she got clowned like she rightfully should.
    It happens on nearly every video, I just avoid the comment section now because of the stupidity.
    A little while ago I got into an argument with someone who believes that Pit Bulls are bred for hunting deer. Needless to say that was enough for me. The stupidity is endless.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by TeenageAngst View Post
    ITT: People read Youtube comments and take them to heart.
    This really should've been the whole thread.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    This really should've been the whole thread.
    While I agree some internet comments (or even comments made in person, or through voice chat) aren't to be taken seriously, that doesn't mean nothing should be taken to heart. I mean, we live in an era where gamers who disagree with others on a certain game, or who are simply more popular than another end up getting threats of violence, or SWAT teams called to their homes under false claims of illegal weaponry. If I hadn't myself received these kinds of messages myself, I wouldn't mind so much, I guess. My mantra is basically to treat everyone, online or off, like you would as if you were standing in front of them, in a public area. When you get angry, see if you can reason respectfully with them, but if not, use your anger constructively somewhere else.

Weasyl
    N/A
    My heart is a very barren and special place. I make sure to be very particular of what I take there.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Weasyl
    Shad-Wolf
    People have no honour when they comment on YouTube. To only post mean and dick comments to try piss people off deliberately, and using their excuse of "It's the Internet, stop living in your parents basement and get the f**k out and get a job." kind of excuse.

But later down to road, someone snippets them comments and puts them in their videos and makes fun of them, and the cycle continues again. Reporting comments has only ever gotten more easier to have people's comments removed for any of the outlined rules Google has set for YouTube to make it a better friendlier place.

Weasyl
    Kaedal
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    My heart is a very barren and special place. I make sure to be very particular of what I take there.
    If you've got a place for them in your heart, there are a few real estate agents looking for new land.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadWolf View Post
    People have no honour when they comment on YouTube. To only post mean and dick comments to try piss people off deliberately, and using their excuse of "It's the Internet, stop living in your parents basement and get the f**k out and get a job." kind of excuse.

But later down to road, someone snippets them comments and puts them in their videos and makes fun of them, and the cycle continues again. Reporting comments has only ever gotten more easier to have people's comments removed for any of the outlined rules Google has set for YouTube to make it a better friendlier place.
    I don't think there's ever going to be a friendly YouTube. It can be improved, but it would take decades to weed out enough of the negative comments to make it a genuinely friendly place. The best that can be done is to disable the comment section entirely.