Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    I've noticed a lot of sexism, racism, and ableism (mostly towards people who are autistic, or perceived as being autistic) in YouTube comment sections, but not much mention of furries. Unless you count people saying "get out of here, cloppers" at literally anyone who has a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic avatar, even if they haven't said anything negative, or if they don't consider themselves to be a furry, or whatever. I think it's more that it's just the cool thing to hate on for some people, just like Justin Bieber was for awhile, and they'll eventually move on to hating something else.

Youtube is just a cesspool of hate, hate on everything actually.
    Get Chrome, google 'youtube comment blocker app' install it and profit mentally.

I wanted to view some WW2 docus for research, that's a comment section you don't want to be near I promise you (next to the gaming industry). Makes me wish brainbleach was real. Needles to say thats how I found the app to block off comments. Not seeing youtube comments is a fucking relief I tell you.

ITT: People read Youtube comments and take them to heart.
    Get a loada this guy here.
    https://twitter.com/DogdongD

Weasyl
    Manna
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    No... You knew it was a joke.
    Let's dissect his comment together and examine it together from a linguistic point of view

"What's the + stand for, mathematicians?"

Before even touching the comment we have to look at the context. It's being said in a thread where most everyone is fucking with the OP (altho there are some important exceptions). Obviously you'd be lead to believe then that this comment is meant completely sarcastically, that this person knows what "the plus stands for" and is being ironic.

However it's important to note that there are people in this thread taking it seriously, and while he's responding to an obvious joke post, this IS weasyl forums like I can count the people who aren't socially awkward here on my hand so let's just get that out of the way

My judgement however stems from what was actually said. In either case, the clause about mathematicians is obviously facetious. The statement can only be taken as either half sarcastic or wholly sarcastic. Wholly sarcastic being obviously what he was trying to go for, a complete feign of ignorance. However the wording more suggests half sarcasm, that he truly doesn't know and made a facetious joke about it

Consider you are sitting in your living room and your mother comes down the stairs. It is nowhere near Halloween but she is wearing a fairly tall witches hat. You ask "What's the hat for, you going to terrorize some children?". You know that she's not actually going to terrorize the other children. Your mother's torment is for you alone, and she makes a point of reminding you that. The other children don't disappoint her in the way you do, having come from her womb. The neighbor's children did not destroy your mother's body and hey youth, only you, and for that reason her hatred is exclusive. However you're still genuinely confused as to why she would wear that hat

More importantly tho is that a full-sarcastic interpretation doesn't really make sense? We're fucking around with the OP about how furries are marginalized. I've made several posts in this thread comparing furries to actually marginalized groups (first referencing racial conflicts, taking specific inspiration from the conflict between israel and palestine, then to the quoted post comparing furries to MOGII)

So his comment asking what the plus stands for is entirely tangential to the subject? Like as a sarcastic joke it doesn't make sense, it's completely random along the same vein as RandomKirby shouting "PIE" at the end of a sprite comic it's just not funny lmao.

How would someone even RESPOND to that? Like what could you possibly say aside from "yes"

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    People actually take comments on Youtube seriously and to heart?

Weasyl
    Manna
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    Yeah anyway, it was a joke.
    next you'll be telling me water is wet

Edit: in case the implication goes over your head:
    You're an idiot if you didn't think that was obvious
    Last edited by Manna; 10-27-2014 at 08:39 AM.

Weasyl
    Kaedal
    Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    Let's dissect his comment together and examine it together from a linguistic point of view

"What's the + stand for, mathematicians?"

Before even touching the comment we have to look at the context. It's being said in a thread where most everyone is fucking with the OP (altho there are some important exceptions). Obviously you'd be lead to believe then that this comment is meant completely sarcastically, that this person knows what "the plus stands for" and is being ironic.

However it's important to note that there are people in this thread taking it seriously, and while he's responding to an obvious joke post, this IS weasyl forums like I can count the people who aren't socially awkward here on my hand so let's just get that out of the way

My judgement however stems from what was actually said. In either case, the clause about mathematicians is obviously facetious. The statement can only be taken as either half sarcastic or wholly sarcastic. Wholly sarcastic being obviously what he was trying to go for, a complete feign of ignorance. However the wording more suggests half sarcasm, that he truly doesn't know and made a facetious joke about it

Consider you are sitting in your living room and your mother comes down the stairs. It is nowhere near Halloween but she is wearing a fairly tall witches hat. You ask "What's the hat for, you going to terrorize some children?". You know that she's not actually going to terrorize the other children. Your mother's torment is for you alone, and she makes a point of reminding you that. The other children don't disappoint her in the way you do, having come from her womb. The neighbor's children did not destroy your mother's body and hey youth, only you, and for that reason her hatred is exclusive. However you're still genuinely confused as to why she would wear that hat

More importantly tho is that a full-sarcastic interpretation doesn't really make sense? We're fucking around with the OP about how furries are marginalized. I've made several posts in this thread comparing furries to actually marginalized groups (first referencing racial conflicts, taking specific inspiration from the conflict between israel and palestine, then to the quoted post comparing furries to MOGII)

So his comment asking what the plus stands for is entirely tangential to the subject? Like as a sarcastic joke it doesn't make sense, it's completely random along the same vein as RandomKirby shouting "PIE" at the end of a sprite comic it's just not funny lmao.

How would someone even RESPOND to that? Like what could you possibly say aside from "yes"
    A lighthearted jest shouldn't be dissected.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamedog View Post
    People actually take comments on Youtube seriously and to heart?
    If you cast a line into the dark long enough, you're bound to catch something. They're trolls. Every once in a while, someone bites and that gives them the fuel they need to continue.

Weasyl
    Manna
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz y'all come in with your lol so random humour and then shout at me for not finding it funny

Like me reacting negatively to your pointless antagonisms isn't me being "socially awkward" just because you're not coming out of it feeling happy and fresh like if you don't think I'm making the conscious decision to act as if I dislike you then I don't even know what to say to you lmao
    Last edited by Manna; 10-27-2014 at 12:42 PM.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    People on Youtube believe petting your cat is abuse

Weasyl
    Tipsy
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamedog View Post
    People on Youtube believe petting your cat is abuse
    That guy picked up his cat! ANIMAL ABUSER! Quick! Downvote the shit out of his video!!ONE!1!!11! >>>>>>:c

Seriously, seriously despise these kinds of people.