Thread: Greetings

Greetings

Hello everybody. I'm Eric. Found this place through a DA thread looking for other artist communities.

Looking for folks to chat with about art and comics really. I've been at it a while, but I'm just recently transitioning into digital media. I find myself unsure what I'm doing pretty frequently as a result.

Oh, and I'm a big fan of webcomics and tabletop RPGs. I'm writing one and will probably be attempting the other at some point as well.

Looking forward to meeting and talking with people.
    Last edited by beejazz; 09-02-2014 at 08:57 PM.

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Yo yo yo! Welcome to Weasyl!

If you're into draws; there's a neat sketchbook section where people post their jazz - you could even make your own!

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I've posted a thread there, lurked a bit. Looks like good stuff.

welcome~
    if you like web comics, you might like one by a fellow furry! i suggest giving it a read, its faaaantastic
    http://fourfears.com/comic/page01/

i think it ends up being a boy-love/gay pairing, but it hasnt gotten there yet.
    and its fun to watch their art style grow as you go along.
    they update every few weeks, so its not to bad to keep up with, albit a little hard to wait on the next page sometimes xD

Weasyl
    Mika_Lieto
    Welcome to the forums
    tabletops games huh? are you more D&D or Pathfinder?
    i'm just getting into pathfinder myself = 3

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Four fears looks cool so far.

I've mostly played D&D 3x, some Next, some Pathfinder. I'm also into a pile of others, like Mutants & Masterminds and Unknown Armies.
    Check out The Arm for some surreal body-horror slapstick about healing and trust.
    Commissions are open.

Weasyl
    meroe1313
    Hi, Eric!

I've always wanted to try a tabletop RPG thing, but I've never gotten around to it. I tried a few comic pages too, but man... I don't know how these people do it! Sequential art is just too difficult for me. My OCD won't let me move on after I draw something.

What tabletop RPG would your recommend for someone who's never played before?

Hi, Meroe

Oh, yeah, RPGs are a blast to play. Especially with a good Dungeon Master type. The latest version of D&D is a pretty good starting point, I think. It's easier to learn than most of the really popular ones, and has more players than most of the really easy ones. Also your local game store (if you've got one) probably runs a game every Wednesday as part of Wizards' whole organized play thing. So that would make it easy to just drop into a game and try it out.

And comic pages are totally rough. It was a real slog to get into it after I started caring about how my drawings looked. It's sort of just starting to pay off, but I'm glad I stuck with it.
    Check out The Arm for some surreal body-horror slapstick about healing and trust.
    Commissions are open.

Weasyl
    meroe1313
    I'll have to check around town and see if we have any D&D then. Thanks for the information!

Weasyl
    Sireux
    Welcome to the party, enjoy your stay dude!