Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I'm pleasantly surprised by the responses in this topic. Aside from that one guy who keeps stalking my topics idk what else to add other than the fact that I'm eagerly awaiting InternetAristocrat's next video. My twitter feed has been almost nothing but gamergate stuff and almost everyone I follow is a furry. MundaneMatt did a 4 hour hangout on the subject but that's waaay too long to recommend.
    Get a loada this guy here.
    https://twitter.com/DogdongD

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Frankly I find Zoe and Anita both to be complete idiots, same with the people who support them blindly (as shown in the screencaps I've included)
    I'm surprised there hasn't been the hoard of asskissers coming in and calling you sexist for daring to have a negative opinion about someone who happens to have a vagina and identifies as a woman.
    The followers are just as bad as the two kingpins themselves. When you encourage the doxing, harassment, and death threats of children.. well.. that don't look too good for the SJA community now does it? Then again.. the SJA community never looked good to begin with.
    (I was there when the harassment on Twitter was happening so you can be sure that these screencaps are not doctored in any way :) As the supporters will be so quick to claim)
    Last edited by Gamedog; 09-03-2014 at 07:36 PM.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Anyone seen the #notyourshield thing?

It's adorable how SJWs try as hard as they can to silence the voice of minorities despite pretending to be their saviours.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Anyone seen the #notyourshield thing?

It's adorable how SJWs try as hard as they can to silence the voice of minorities despite pretending to be their saviours.
    No I haven't, can you explain?

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamedog View Post
    No I haven't, can you explain?
    Basically Kotaku and the like are shitting on gamers as white cis male neckbeards who don't want their whitewashed racist homophobic mysoginystic world to go away.

#notyourshield has resulted in shitloads of women, nonwhites, nonheteros, disableds, and a few transfolk to protest (some with selfies) to tell the journalists that they don't want to be treated as a shield/part of a smear campaign for these Gawker game journos to avoid criticism.

Anita/Quinn/Gawker supporters are in such huge denial that these people are real, it's downright sad.

Weasyl
    Butterflygoddess
    Heh. Gaming journalism.

Just as important and hard searching as sports journalism. Amirite?

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflygoddess View Post
    Heh. Gaming journalism.

Just as important and hard searching as sports journalism. Amirite?
    A $100 Billion industry where a large group of journalists are trying to push their sociopolitical agendas onto developers at the threat of refusing to review/marking down their games is something of significance.

Game journalists influence a heavy part of the industry's changes as they're meant to represent the opinions of gamers to developers. They're actively trying to silence and indiscriminately smear the voices of gamers everywhere of all kinds with buzzwords such as "racism", and act in cahoots with the likes of 4chan, Reddit, and a great many journalist sites to censor dissenting opinion. When it comes to areas that they can't control, such as Twitter, they smear as hard as they possibly can and write a great many articles to demonize "them nasty gamers" and promote "Gamer+".

It's a self-interested coordinated assault on the creative freedom of developers, and the voices of the audience all by Gawker media and this large clique.

---

And lets not ignore how all these journalists are doing their damndest to just kind of forget about Phil Fish and Zoe Quinn working to bring down TYFC's indiegogo project to work on game ideas by women in a bid to support female developers.

They attempt to destroy a pro-femdev project, and then cry MUHSOGGYKNEE on the same people (mostly 4chan) who rushed to the project's aid and successfully piled on $20,000.

The nerve of those people.
    Last edited by FishNChips; 09-04-2014 at 01:41 PM.

Weasyl
    Butterflygoddess

Game journalists influence a heavy part of the industry's changes as they're meant to represent the opinions of gamers to developers.
    What? When has this ever happened?

This just in (Insert big game company here) was just told by random journalist #3058 that their game has too much tits and ass and has more macho wishfullment that comic books and John Wayne films combined.

So they stopped making them. :3

Nah. "Game" Journalists just point out shit and if its untrue, well maybe you should contact their editor or write a letter. (Or do anything to communicate that to them) The gaming industry is like Micheal Bay. They mostly make crap but hey, you'll just keep buying it. And I rather think gaming companies just keep pushing on. They don't tremble at one reporter. Or even a small group of them.

There *has* been some improvement I guess. But there's still a long way to go.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflygoddess View Post
    What? When has this ever happened?

This just in (Insert big game company here) was just told by random journalist #3058 that their game has too much tits and ass and has more macho wishfullment that comic books and John Wayne films combined.

So they stopped making them. :3

Nah. "Game" Journalists just point out shit and if its untrue, well maybe you should contact their editor or write a letter. (Or do anything to communicate that to them) The gaming industry is like Micheal Bay. They mostly make crap but hey, you'll just keep buying it. And I rather think gaming companies just keep pushing on. They don't tremble at one reporter. Or even a small group of them.

There *has* been some improvement I guess. But there's still a long way to go.
    Bioshock Infinite, for example. Those journos rallied people to whine about the fact that the chick NPC's cleavage was somehow problemetic, and they covered it up for release. Hotline Miami 2 had violence vs women, and that's supposedly been censored. God of War (the "sexist" original games being written by a woman) has responded to the criticism of these journalists to make sure there's no violence towards women in their future game. Or any sex, for that matter.

The only developers immune to these "critiques" are those from Japan and slavic countries who don't depend on the westerners.

This fat circle of journalists love their sex-negative branch of feminism so much they try to push it on others. But that's far from the only problem - as a starter there's the rampant cronyism as shown by Depression Quest being pushed ahead of games with real effort and writing behind them, such as Papers Please. Because the judges got some pussy out of it.

And critiquing game journalists does nothing, the whole #GamerGate movement has done a lot to show that. Their attempts to discredit their critics has been showed repeatedly to be a coordinated effort (mass copypasta for example).

Weasyl
    Butterflygoddess
    Bioshock Infinite, for example. Those journos rallied people to whine about the fact that the chick NPC's cleavage was somehow problemetic, and they covered it up for release. Hotline Miami 2 had violence vs women, and that's supposedly been censored. God of War (the "sexist" original games being written by a woman) has responded to the criticism of these journalists to make sure there's no violence towards women in their future game. Or any sex, for that matter.

The only developers immune to these "critiques" are those from Japan and slavic countries who don't depend on the westerners.
    @Bioshock: How nitpicky for both sides. But frankly, I don't think covering up some tits is a travesty. (Unlike what Xopachi brought up which is actually interesting. Feminists shooting down other feminist ideas? Makes you wanna investigate.)

@Hotline Maimi 2: Never heard of this. (Not a big gamer) Was it like...exclusively female violence that was unnecessary to the story? If so, I can get on board with getting rid of that. Cuz that's hateful. If not, well why did the developers remove it? To appease some feminists? I doubt it. Unless they value PR that much. Which is rather rare.

@God of War: I dunno. This is another thing I've never played and its based on Greek/Roman myths so why anyone would expect something 20th century (like respecting women) outta of it is beyond me. Although I will point out to you that a woman can write sexist things. The way you phrased your sentence implied that a woman cannot write anything anti-woman. They can and they do alllllllllllll the time.

Japan is notoriously behind other countries when it comes to seeing women as equals. (they aint no Saudi Arabia but that still doesn't mean they're equal) Not sure so about the slavic ones but if you're admiring Japan for being immune to criticism...good god. XD

I dunno, this is an interesting enough subject (reporters/journalists not representing the ppl they claim to) but I gotta say this. We live in a great time where you can post vids, write reviews and the whole world can see them, give critique freely. If you feel so strongly about the matter start your own kickstarter like Anita did. Do it from the guy's pov. You don't have to just keep your opinion to a forum.

And I only say that because this thread gives off a strange vibe of hopelessness. Your options have never been more open.