Weasyl
    Cyan Glaciertooth

SAI Test Drawing

Here I have a picture I drew last night on Paint Tool SAI. I've been practicing with SAI for a while, and I wanted to make neater outlines with it. The outlines in this pic are quite an improvement over previous pics, but I still want some constructive input, if possible.

https://www.weasyl.com/submission/70...i-test-drawing

Weasyl
    N/A
    Yeah having smooth lines can be pretty difficult to get, though I guess it depends how lenient you are towards them. I personally find working on a large-scale canvas then shrinking down the resolution helps quite a bit, as well as having quick fluid strokes. Ctrl Z comes in handy here as you may have to redo the stroke often to get what you're looking for. Having confidence in your lines and the way you're drawing is something you should always be thinking of too. Good luck with it!

Weasyl
    Noxid

Weasyl
    Cyan Glaciertooth
    I adjusted the stabilizer for this particular drawing. The stabilizer actually made quite a difference from previous practice drawings, but I still wasn't sure if it was neat enough. I could give outlining on a large canvas and then sizing it down a shot.

And in case you're curious on how I colored him in, I used the paint bucket tool. (Now you know that I possess the awesome power of laziness! )

i havnt read over the other posts here so im sorry if i repeat anything
    but it looks like you just need to set the stablizer higher. i have mine ALWAYS set to S-3 at the lowest. sometimes i set it lower for sketches, then higher for line work.
    I would also suggest not using the bucket tool. youll keep getting this little white spots if you do.
    also, uuuuuse layers!~ youll avoid as many white spots that way. make your background on a layer UNDER your character art. it might just hide any mistakes and you wont have to worry about going back to fix missed spots in your coloring ^^