Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 9???

Windows 9???

I love Windows 8. I thought it was a step in the right direction, that the world just wasn't exactly... ready for, I guess? But yeah, the vocal majority of other Windows users hated it. For whatever reason. Microsoft's solution was to basically give 8 the "Vista Treatment". So in other words, they're going to bury Windows 8 and act like it didn't happen.

I usually try to keep my posts like this (informing the public) un-opinionated, but this really... pisses me off to be frank- Windows 8 is just better, more stable Windows 7. Microsoft apparently just lacks the pride/effort to keep Windows 8 a thing.

Anyways, opinions on this?

Since my post is so opinonated, here's a few links you can use to read up on the update:
    http://www.techradar.com/us/news/sof...umours-1029245
    http://www.itpro.co.uk/desktop-softw...we-want-to-see
    I should probably make a signature.
    *casually rolls over and does nothing*

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    I've got Windows 7 on my laptop and I'm sticking to it. I have a laptop, not a tablet. Microsoft seems to forget that laptops still exist.

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    All they'd really need to do is officially support Classic Shell or make their own and that'd solve like 90% of the complaints about Windows 8.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    Dreaming
    Gotta give them credit where it's due, Windows 8 is pretty damn fast and slick

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamedog View Post
    I've got Windows 7 on my laptop and I'm sticking to it. I have a laptop, not a tablet. Microsoft seems to forget that laptops still exist.
    ^Basically this. I'm quite content with 7 as I was with XP before.

Quote Originally Posted by piñardilla View Post
    All they'd really need to do is officially support Classic Shell or make their own and that'd solve like 90% of the complaints about Windows 8.
    Yeah, definitely. I prefer new shell, but that's pretty much the solution.
    I should probably make a signature.
    *casually rolls over and does nothing*

Weasyl
    Vae
    Windows 9 will build on the touchscreen nature of Windows 8
    Ick.

If they're sticking with the apps and "this is obviously meant for a tablet, but we're too lazy to make different OSes for different hardware" model, then I'm sticking with 7.
    I don't want a bunch of useless app bullshit on my screen, unless I decided to put it there, myself, via Rainmeter. And, even then, I keep that minimal as hell.

EDIT: I saw how they're confining the apps to the Start Menu kind of? But I'm still not fond of it.
    I like the more minimal interface of 7.
    I seriously would have no use for like all of these things, since I just browse sites for my weather / mail / whatever the shit.
    Last edited by Vae; 08-29-2014 at 01:52 PM.
    Resident Koopa Trash

I'm essentially done with Windows. I'm sticking with Windows 7 Pro on my desktop for compatibility with the things I like to use, but in the next 5 to 10 years I can see everyone moving to OS X and linux solutions as they just work better.

Now that Steam is putting down some roots there's going to be a gaming industry knocking at it's doors too and with a wallet pleasing cost of £0.00 vs Windows, it's getting harder to say no to it.

Weasyl
    Dire Newt
    Windows 8 is a great OS if you love watchdog violations and Satan.

Weasyl
    Iscin
    The problem with Windows 8 wasn't the tech, but the design and lack of awareness on M$'s part; nothing new with them however.

Honestly I just wish they'd keep producing turds like Vista so everyone would slowly transition to either Linux/GNU or Mac (Hackintosh anyone?). At any rate though this just confirms the Star Trek films = Windows releases parallel.