Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Weasyl
    LauriJ

Games that you would like to see on PC

Same as title. Which games and franchises that so far only appeared on consoles you would like to see on PC someday? For me, the Metroid Prime trilogy and the Last of Us would be cool to have. A non-exclusive console game on other hand would be Mindjack. What about you?

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Halo series, I guess.

Weasyl
    LauriJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Hewge View Post
    Halo series, I guess.
    Yeah, Halo is awesome.

Weasyl
    One_Classy_Dragon
    Star wars: The Clone Wars (Xbox original exclusive based on the second episode of star wars, not the cartoon).

I still have a copy sitting on my shelf. Can't play it because my Xbox original is out of commission and Microsoft decided to make "some" games compatible with the 360.
    Ellezard: Oh look professor, a puzzle.
    A_M_C_D: Hey, that puzzle reminds me of a puzzle.
    Ellezard: Which is related to a puzzle about a puzzle.
    A_M_C_D: In which that puzzle is the answer to the puzzle related to a puzzle about a puzzle.
    Ellezard: Puzzleception.

Quote Originally Posted by Hewge View Post
    Halo series, I guess.
    Some of those are on PC, but yeah, they could get around to bringing others over.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by One_Classy_Dragon View Post
    Microsoft decided to make "some" games compatible with the 360.
    It was a technical restriction, not a corporate screw-over. Constantly downloading patches to make a system backwards-compatible was stupid to begin with, but because PlayStation 2 could do BC without needing updates (being a wholly different design), consumers decided to believe that it should be automatically given to them in spite of design limits.
    Sega does what Nintendon't.

Weasyl
    One_Classy_Dragon
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJaySF View Post
    It was a technical restriction, not a corporate screw-over. Constantly downloading patches to make a system backwards-compatible was stupid to begin with, but because PlayStation 2 could do BC without needing updates (being a wholly different design), consumers decided to believe that it should be automatically given to them in spite of design limits.
    I didn't know that before. My apologies if I sounded like I was inflicting offense to Microsoft for not making all games backwards compatible with the 360.

Bottom line: I still would like to see clone wars on PC since I can't play it anywhere else.
    Ellezard: Oh look professor, a puzzle.
    A_M_C_D: Hey, that puzzle reminds me of a puzzle.
    Ellezard: Which is related to a puzzle about a puzzle.
    A_M_C_D: In which that puzzle is the answer to the puzzle related to a puzzle about a puzzle.
    Ellezard: Puzzleception.

In all honesty, Microsoft should have kept a lot of games out of the BC patches (I'm looking at you, Barbie Horse Adventures). Having killer apps like Halo and Halo 2 playable is one thing, because having a selection of mega-success games available is a smart move, but they should have stuck to their guns and said "No, we're not doing constant updates for only a little payoff to try and imitate a totally different system, you should just keep your old system instead."

Don't worry, you didn't sound like an ass. A lot of people aren't aware that Sony's PS2 had software close enough to the PS1 that they could do full BC, whereas the Xbox 360 had different software and needed patches to support older games. Having loads of patches that don't conflict with each other is a helluva lotta work, so eventually Microsoft had to just drop the idea since the payoff was so little.
    Sega does what Nintendon't.

Sanity Is For The Weak Accellerant's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Accellerant
    Last edited by Accellerant; 08-18-2014 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Broken dreams and broken hearts

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    I would punch a small child in the teeth to get an HD port of Killer7 to Steam.

In the name of Harman ...
    Watch me swooce right in.

Kingdom Hearts series. I mean we got FF7 and FF8 on PC, right?