Thread: Hello everyone!

Hello everyone!

Hi weasyl! I'm vinz and I'm 18. I just made an account for the art site yesterday, so I figured I may as well make a forum account too!

I like to draw (and I draw a lot haha..) but I mainly do traditional art so I figure that this is my chance to get more practice drawing with a tablet. I'm VERY new to digital art so if anyone has any really obvious tips they would like to share that would be great!!

fun fact: my username comes from Ghostbusters, one of my favorite movies!

Weasyl
    Hewge
    G-G-G-G-G-GHOST BUSTERS?!?!

Hi.

Hi!
    Yeah I love Ghostbusters!!!
    I've always had a soft spot for ghost-related things, even if they're hunting the ghosts.

Weasyl
    Antumbra
    Hello and welcome! I would totally suggest making a sketchbook thread if you would like to post your art and get some feedback (it is a great place)

Sanity Is For The Weak Accellerant's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Accellerant
    Last edited by Accellerant; 08-14-2014 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Space Ace On Snes eh? Wonder if it's any good... - Jontron

Weasyl
    Noxid
    I can't really even think of any tips specific to digital art that aren't just common sense stuff that applies to traditional too
    I guess, just learning the shortcuts in your chosen application is the key to having a good workflow. undo, redo, manipulate the canvas, common stuff like that.
    n e way good luck have fun hi

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Tips for digital art: CTRL-Z is your best friend. xP

Weasyl
    N/A
    Welcome to Weasyl, Vinz!

One thing that helped me a lot with digital is that working on a big canvas helps loads (especially if you want clean crisp lineart). Also: http://ivioodles.tumblr.com/tagged/ref in case you want to check out some good tuts (not limited to digital XD). I've only reblogged a handful of goodies but there's much more out there tho! Ah & yeah, definitely make a sketchbook thread if you want to improve. It's really great for showing your doodles, and there's some people there that love to give out some critique!

Hope to see ya around some more! :3