Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Hello

Weasyl
    Bob the Bob

Hello

About me, well, I've been lurking pretty heavily around the FA forums for a few weeks and stumbled across this place after seeing some references to it. Seems a bit smaller over here (less intimidating), so I thought I'd stop by and get a foothold in while I have the chance.

I'm an artist, but drawing 'furry' characters is new ground for me. Decided to start up work on things like that, so here I am. Practicing an entirely new way of drawing characters, and it's really a struggle. Feels like I'm in elementary school again, relearning anatomy and how to draw faces. Never thought that would be an issue for me, it's hands that always plagued me. Thus, another reason for being here. Education from skilled individuals. I'm in the stone-age as far as tech goes, so I'm struggling on getting a way to actually upload things. Partnering with a friend on a webcomic project (non-furry), so that should be solved soon. Probably won't be a reliable solution though.

I also make music, both some sort of EDM stuff and metal. The former I have a few tracks of uploaded on Youtube, the other is at a standstill due to my area in Ohio being devoid of drummers. Hit me up if you're interested, but it's not exactly top notch material.

Looking forward to being a part of this community.

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Yo yo yo! Welcome to Weasyl, Bob.

Bob.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    Welcome to Weasyl; we are definitely a much smaller community, but that has its benefits. Also, you are aware that we're not a furry-exclusive website, right? You can upload whatever, essentially, including your music (which we always need more of).

Weasyl
    Mika_Lieto
    hello ^^

Weasyl
    Bob the Bob
    Well, I wasn't aware of this not being furry-exclusive, but it's good to know. Means I won't have to restrict what sort of things I upload, which is great. I'll be sure to check out how to upload some tracks and give that a try.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Also, you are aware that we're not a furry-exclusive website, right? You can upload whatever, essentially, including your music (which we always need more of).
    The main site totally needs a large, obnoxious sign declaring such. Because reasons.
    Sega does what Nintendon't.

Weasyl
    Bob the Bob
    Well, I had no context to go on aside from seeing links to here from FA and animal drawings on the main page with an animal mascot. Animals everywhere, I sort of made a connection that I guess was baseless.

Given how misleading this site appears, one can hardly blame anyone else for believing such a thing. Don't worry much about it, not like you robbed a bank.

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJaySF View Post
    The main site totally needs a large, obnoxious sign declaring such. Because reasons.
    I don't disagree. Or, some sort of catch phrase to go with the logo. Oh well, I don't own the site, I just help run it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueJaySF View Post
    Given how misleading this site appears, one can hardly blame anyone else for believing such a thing. Don't worry much about it, not like you robbed a bank.
    Nope, worst crime ever! :V

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Or, some sort of catch phrase to go with the logo.
    "Weasyl: we're like those other guys, but not actually them!"