Weasyl
    Manna

Reading suggestions

Does anyone know of any good post-narrative / surrealist work that isn't by me

I'm kind of into Murakami so I'm going to check out more of him but I'm looking for more avant garde stuff

Weasyl
    Doggywolf67
    Have you checked out the Weasyl publications, I think it is called Weasyl press for book types, I even saw at least one by Tybby.
    And I have heard of Weasyl after dark but I have not looked into that one yet. I am trying to get together a list of Authors here on this site and what they write but people don't seem to want to be added to the list. I only write Fantasy or Sci-fi myself. I hope you find what you are looking for!

Weasyl
    Manna
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarl View Post
    Have you checked out the Weasyl publications, I think it is called Weasyl press for book types, I even saw at least one by Tybby.
    And I have heard of Weasyl after dark but I have not looked into that one yet. I am trying to get together a list of Authors here on this site and what they write but people don't seem to want to be added to the list. I only write Fantasy or Sci-fi myself. I hope you find what you are looking for!
    That's actually me, haha. I changed my name because I changed my name IRL

also Weasel Press and Weasyl are not officially affiliated, it's just a coincidence that they sound similar

Weasyl
    Doggywolf67
    Well, that explains why I thought you dropped off the face of the planet! And I wasn't meaning any affiliation, just going on what I had read while there looking at the site. So how are you? still publishing stuff? I finally figured out how to get a story on this site so I put a short called the Chain. Want to join the list of authors? Maybe we could get some of these guys sparked up a bit!

Weasyl
    Manna
    Yeah, I've had my second work done for a while but it's not going to be published for a little bit, I might upload it on Weasyl idk

I really want to get really involved in this board but I feel like if I post any essays or discussions or whatever there'll be no one to respond, haha

Weasyl
    Doggywolf67
    I think I am at one full length novel, four novellas, three short stories so far. I have at least 45 more manuscripts to get typed in and spell checked then do the copyright thing and then I can get them out there. That's what I get for writing for thirty some years before I got up the nerve to put anything out there.
    I know what you mean about no one responding, so maybe if we run a dialogue people will jump in?
    Lets see if we can this interesting, where do you want to start?
    How about elements in the first page of a story that pull the reader in and make the story (I couldn't put it down!).
    That first sentence is so very critical. It can make or break a work.
    Have you ever written a prologue before the first page of the first chapter? I have found that it too can set the stage and pull the reader in.
    So do you have any ideas to get these guys sparked up?