Noxid

"Last Post" section in forum search gets cut off

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Hey! There's me!

...I don't think I've ever seen this happen. xP

Weasyl
    Noxid
    it only happens if your browser window is not very wide. So, if you browse maximised you may not notice.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Weasyl
    Taw
    Getting rid of the margin on that particular line of css affects other postbit templates using <dd> as well. Instead I've forced the width of it to be 26% so it shouldn't get cut off anymore. However, this results in the forum categories getting cut off if they are too long, which isn't as big of an issue, as highlighting over them displays their full name. It's a sort of messy fix for the page but it should be better, as the icon and time stamps all should be displayed fully instead.

Let me know if this fixed it for you. (I'll see about a less sloppy fix in the future, but no guarantees, since I don't cutting off category names is really too big of a deal compared to cutting off going to last post and times, since hovering over them didn't display them at all)

Weasyl
    Noxid
    Yeah, this works for me. The last post button getting cut-off was the biggest annoyance, and it looks like there's room now for all but the most egregiously verbose names.

Thanks for the fix! And after all, what is the internet if not one gigantic pile of sloppy fixes?

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Weasyl
    Taw
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxid View Post
    Yeah, this works for me. The last post button getting cut-off was the biggest annoyance, and it looks like there's room now for all but the most egregiously verbose names.

Thanks for the fix! And after all, what is the internet if not one gigantic pile of sloppy fixes?
    Glad that it's working for ya! I tested it in a few browsers so it seems like it should work for most people. I definitely know how annoying the last post button being cut off was, so I wanted to be sure to fix it right away, since I never realized that it'd get cut off on that page since I normally don't size my browser down or really test much on smaller window sizes. I'll be sure to keep that stuff in mind when changing things though. :p