Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How important is the fursuit to you?

For me working towards getting the suit and living out the fantasy is like 75% of my motivation The rest is that I really love the people that love furry fandom. We really are a different kind of people than most other kinds of fandoms although I think Bronies are very complimentary as well.

I know some people only socialize online or otherwise don't feel any strong emotions about getting furry. I guess that how furry you are falls along a spectrum like many things in life.

So lets hear it. On a scale of 0 to 100% how important is designing, making and wearing the fursuit to you.

What style of suit are you into?

Western Style Toony
    Eastern Style Anime
    Realist Style

I look forward to hearing your ideas.

Oh and for the record I'm an Eastern Anime/Realist Style.

Until the next revolution, I bid you peace.

Auriel

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Like, 0%. I've never cared whatsoever about the fursuit thing. I'm personally only in this fandom for the people and the art. xP

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Hewge View Post
    Like, 0%. I've never cared whatsoever about the fursuit thing. I'm personally only in this fandom for the people and the art. xP
    ^

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4

Weasyl
    Fayv
    I dunno how to score this. I guess like 70%

Fursuiting is what got me into the fandom in the first place and it's something I greatly enjoy doing. I like the fandom for other things though, and I like most of my suiting outside of the fandom, volunteering with kids and such, so yeah, it's weird.

I already have my onefurall suit. I'm making plans for more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hewge View Post
    So you don't consider the fursuits an expression of art the same as drawing characters?
    Not to be critical of your orientation in the slightest but not validating suits as art seems kind of odd to to me.
    I've met some great local people in furry fandom and I have arranged my entire weekly schedule just so I can spend from 2 until 6 with my furry friends every Thursday.
    All of the people I've met so far seem to be mostly interested in drawing furry characters more than talk about the art and technology that goes into fashioning a full or partial fursuit.
    I really wish I could find more people that are into the suits although one of the reasons I don't think they are that popular is the Arizona sunshine.
    Fall, Winter and Spring are good for Fur though. I'm hoping when the weather cools down people will start to think more about fur.

Weasyl
    Vae
    I don't really put any investment in my furry "identity," so fursuits are not a personal source of importance to me.
    I would, however, like to own one, just because I like dressing up in crazy costumes for the fun of it.

As for preferences, I like... I guess you could say the standard furry-style costume? Like this.
    I don't like overly cartoony, and I don't like ones that are super realistic.
    There have also been some Japanese ones that I've liked.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Vae. I didn't realize that different nationalities had recognizable styles of Furry Fandom. Makes sense though. Do any of you have links to different cultures Furry people?

By the way, I got a big kick out of seeing your gender bending signature. i like things that make people think.

Weasyl
    Noxid
    I'd rank it as.. well, something not very high. Maybe 13%. I mean yeah, I understand what the deal is, and I admire the craftsmanship that goes into some of them (and am amused by the lack of craftsmanship that goes into others), but I still feel a bit weird about the whole deal.
    I mean, you can't really hold a casual conversation with someone who's in a fursuit, and I'm not into the whole acting goofy schtick, so there's not much in it for me.

Noxid,
    Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and feelings. On the point about not holding a conversation? Well I've had no problems talking to furries here with my local Furry group although sometimes it's hard to keep a straight face particularly when we are talking about something serious and the thought crosses your mind that I standing in public talking to an anthropomorphic cat.

I was just watching some YouTube with a couple if Furry Class clowns getting a rise out of people at a few different fast food places where they totally blew people's minds going through the drive through ordering and pay for their food as a big, furry fox person.

Funny stuff.

Weasyl
    N/A
    70%
    I want to get my fursuit finished with Grandmar helping me and possably mummy so I can go out into the world, help some charitys.
    Hopefurly go to my old school in a fursuit.
    Or even to a brony meet up. See the gang dressed as a blue fox.

After when I am done with the fox one I want to get a dragon one commisioned. I'll payBellow 20.00