Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Weasyl
    Getta

Who Posts Comics to Weasyl?

I'm curious. There's no way to view only comic submissions so there's no way to see what comics are being posted to the site unless you happen to catch them while browsing recent uploads. That said, I have seen more than a handful of users posting comic pages, some one shots and some more regular, so I know they're out there.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I just happened on one person posting a comic https://www.weasyl.com/~mattrat
    Another person I know posts some but they haven't uploaded in a bit so...I forgot who it was >.>
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

I use Weasyl primarily to post my webcomics, particularly Furry Experience pages: https://www.weasyl.com/~ellennatalie

i normally post up the cover to my comic on weasyl to announce when im on the next book,if anyone wants check it out

Weasyl
    Vae
    What I do isn't so much "comics" as illustrations, sometimes with humorous captions.

If that's up your alley, then you might like the kind of stuff that I do.

Although, they're really only a supplement to the material in my blog.
    Resident Koopa Trash

I dont post my strips to these social art websites, but I do upload previews when the pages get posted!

https://www.weasyl.com/~madmeeper My FA
    http://circuit.thecomicseries.com/ and the comics website
    Weasyl | DeviantART | Tumblr
    Always open for commission!

I'm going to...eventually

I say eventually because the limiting factor is my shoulder, and the fact that even after 2-3 revisions and thumbnails I still end up changing a lot of things working on the final version.

I really just am not cut out to be doing comics lol. But yes, some day very slowly I will be putting my comics on weasyl.
    Fish heads! Fish heads! Rolly polly fish heads! Fish heads! Fish heads! Eat them up! Yum!

Weasyl
    TealMoon

Weasyl
    Getta
    Quote Originally Posted by lorenith View Post
    I'm going to...eventually

I say eventually because the limiting factor is my shoulder, and the fact that even after 2-3 revisions and thumbnails I still end up changing a lot of things working on the final version.

I really just am not cut out to be doing comics lol. But yes, some day very slowly I will be putting my comics on weasyl.
    I find it helps to set a time limit for each page, or even each stage of each page.

Give yourself a couple of hours to a day, tops, to work out the layout and thumbnail. Then give yourself a set amount of time to do the line work and finally the colours and finishing touches. Don't worry about each page being "perfect". Generally, an artist's comic work isn't nearly as high quality as that same artist working on a pinup or cover, because they're trying to do so much more within a given amount of time.

With my own comic I set a time limit of one day, generally 8-10 hours. That's for the whole page. This way I keep rolling ahead with the comic. The more days in a week I devote to comic pages, the more pages that get done that week, rather than endlessly revising one page. Yeah, I end up with good pages and not so good pages, but the comic keeps going, and keeps getting better.

This also makes it easy to get ahead, if you're doing a weekly web comic.

I've got a batch of 5 right now that I had started working on, and then suddenly my shoulder started hurting a lot and hasn't stopped which is more the problem for me right now than revising at every step.

I'm certain with time though I can do what you suggest. I've done it before when I was younger, but lately my will power has been weak, in addition to my shoulder.

That's really the bottom line actually is I just don't have enough will power to do it right now. Which is something that'll only build back up with practice. I'll definitly take what you've said to heart.

That said I don't think I'll ever run a web comicy type of thing. I rather plan out a story ahead of time and do parts of it, cause the way my brain works (super disorganized) if I didn't I'd write myself into a corner almost immediately. Maybe if I get back to where I can work fast and nonstop I can give the appearance of a webcomic with an update schedule, but that'll hopefully be because I just have a buffer of strips from working in batches.
    Fish heads! Fish heads! Rolly polly fish heads! Fish heads! Fish heads! Eat them up! Yum!