Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Weasyl
    N/A
    Last edited by FishNChips; 09-26-2012 at 03:34 PM.

Weasyl
    Morphology

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphology View Post
    Looking good so far! I did a little rediline:

I made some modifications to the shoulders, torso width, and the feet, as well as slightly rotating the figure so that the figure has a straight line from their head to the ground. Does this help?

Kazekai: The pose is pretty solid. I don't see any major problems right now, though after you ink it or refine the sketch I bet I could help. XD
    damn, yo ;o;

it's awfully nice of you to have done that :> yes, it does help!

though I really need to learn how to draw those damn bodies. Believe me, I've been trying, but I've been dying to get to a point where I can do something simplified (think disney animation and similar works) without so much hinderance and confusion. Every single resource I've tried has done nothing so far but make me feel like I'm guided the wrong way, or fill me with loadsa doubt. I mean gee, even with what I can do I can't even get beyond the simple sketch. And to do lines, you need a good sketch where you can see/understand where everything is. Very few of mine are like that, which goes to show that I actually don't know where everything is and is supposed to be. It's like my sketches are some kind of illusion.

Weasyl
    Morphology

Now i am wondering can it be non digital art posted here for critique, it seems like a silly question I know, but i wanted to post some of my miniatures for some critique and all that fun stuff.

Weasyl
    Morphology
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubite View Post
    Now i am wondering can it be non digital art posted here for critique, it seems like a silly question I know, but i wanted to post some of my miniatures for some critique and all that fun stuff.

Any art is welcome for critique! I'd love to see your miniatures.

Weasyl
    TheStory

Weasyl
    Morphology
    Quote Originally Posted by Thestory View Post

Ok, not the best but hopefully it helps. I adjusted the body with the liquify tool in PS to adjust the body position/shape. Then I grabbed some ref for the waves and did a messy paint over. just giving ideas on how you may want to approach it. Let me know if I can help any further.
    I can't see the image until I took the link and posted it in a different window, dunno why. But yeah, that looks pretty awesome, and I like the lighting and color scheme on it; I'll definitely take this into account! I think I'll have to lengthen the legs a bit; placed against a background like that they look really wonky.

Weasyl
    TheStory
    Glad to help morphology. I don't know why the image isn't showing up for anyone else. It's up on my end.

And those are looking pretty sweet, Anubite. I know little to nothing about painting miniatures though. So I don't know if I could be much help.