Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Weasyl
    Morphology

The WIP and Critique Thread!

Weasyl
    Ratte

Weasyl
    Morphology
    Loving it so far! Well since you're having vines in the drawing, maybe give some contrast to the dragon by making it red or orange?

Weasyl
    Ratte
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphology View Post
    Loving it so far! Well since you're having vines in the drawing, maybe give some contrast to the dragon by making it red or orange?
    I was thinking either red or a blue-green. I don't know what I'm going to do for the background, either, but I'm sure I'll think of something before then. :B

Weasyl
    Tango
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratte View Post
    I was thinking either red or a blue-green. I don't know what I'm going to do for the background, either, but I'm sure I'll think of something before then. :B
    Neon brown!

Weasyl
    N/A
    You should try a very dark grey with a lighter grey for the belly o: Dunno what to recommend for the background, but it should come to ya easily

Weasyl
    Ratte
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    You should try a very dark grey with a lighter grey for the belly o: Dunno what to recommend for the background, but it should come to ya easily
    With green vines and pink flowers, though? I think that scheme would make the vines and flowers dominate the image instead of the dragon. We'll see.

Weasyl
    N/A
    With green vines and pink flowers, though? I think that scheme would make the vines and flowers dominate the image instead of the dragon. We'll see.
    Oh, I didn't pay attention to those, mah bad. For those, I suppose you could use something in a similar palette. Something Silvery or grey or white-ish may work for the flowers. Dunno about the vines though.

Red and gold come to mind if the vines are a subdued green, blue and gold or a lighter blue if the vines are vibrant and yellow-green.

I'm working on this: http://i.imgur.com/RpUWF.jpg Sorry about the loud and obnoxious orange color, that's the base color I used for his fur. It's supposed to be fanart of a character from Korra, by the way, so no, it's not a red panda. I intend to finish coloring it in a stream, but right now, I'm wondering if I should fix the legs? The outline will be deleted in the final image so it's just a sketchy guide, but I should probably make the feet look like they're on solid ground. Anything else that can be said about it would be appreciated.
    If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please," I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes."

Weasyl
    Ratte
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Oh, I didn't pay attention to those, mah bad. For those, I suppose you could use something in a similar palette. Something Silvery or grey or white-ish may work for the flowers. Dunno about the vines though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazekai View Post
    Red and gold come to mind if the vines are a subdued green, blue and gold or a lighter blue if the vines are vibrant and yellow-green.
    I've been entertaining the idea of light blue flowers instead of pink so they're not like HOLY SHIT LOOK AT ME and kinda blend in with the rest without completely receding from the picture. I've made a blue and yellow dragon along with a black and red one so I would like to try a different color scheme. I think that if the vines are a light green that a nice strong teal would be a good idea to contrast enough against the lighter colors without being too in your face. I still have inking yet to do so it's not like I need to think about it right now, haha.