Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Writing should be fun!

Weasyl
    Doggywolf67
    Awe guys, guys, guys, we all know that there are parts of it that are work, a lot of work. however, I love the creating part, the finding out what comes next, the learning about new characters and new places and the struggles and adventures they have! In my mind it is like watching a movie and living and growing in our minds. Yep I hate the spell check thing and the format issues but hey, I have seen people read my works, I have seen their reactions and even watched one who made comments aloud as she read it. That feeling was well worth all the work!!

I wish now I could remember, find, and link to the article I read ages ago in high school (pretty sure it was there) wherein an author describes how she was stonewalled when trying to write a true-crime novel when going on a planned, chapter-by-chapter route, but when she just wrote as it came to her, she got everything done.

Felt that was relevant to this discussion.
    Sega does what Nintendon't.

Weasyl
    Doggywolf67
    Yep, I tried the thing of writing down the plot and outline each chapter and who the characters were and what they were like..... then I threw it away and just typed out the story as I watched it in my head! the hard part was going back and adding the missing words and correcting the time lines.
    Then making sure everything sounded correct, which usually leads to adding a lot more. But what ever works for each author. We are not the same and thank god for that or all the stories would be the same.