Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Vegan-furs. New group!

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Quote Originally Posted by mythil View Post
    You're entitled to your opinion, but you're not getting me to change
    That's fine. I didn't expect to change the opinions of any vegans. Just wanted to put the facts out there so that there's an opposing view alongside the complete misinformation.

Weasyl
    Mythil
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamedog View Post
    That's fine. I didn't expect to change the opinions of any vegans. Just wanted to put the facts out there so that there's an opposing view alongside the complete misinformation.
    I think we can argue about misinformation a lot.

You have your opinion, I have mine. Let's leave it at that.
    "You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar"
    I'm a vegan I don't eat honey.

Need any help with martial arts stuff or 20th century cartoons/samurai cinema and gangster films?

Weasyl
    Mugourth
    Honestly, I have always wanted to be a vegetarian, but my parents don't want me too. The reason I want to isn't just to help animals out, and possibly lose weight, and it's not to act superior to others, but my biggest reason for wanting to be a vegetarian is because, sometimes, I am ashamed of being assosiated with other meat eaters. WAY too often I see people go around bullying vegetarians about how they absolutely HAVE to eat meat and how veganism is evil and such. And honestly, I notice this a LOT more with meat eaters than I do with vegetarians. I do see vegetarians do it sometimes, but vegetarians are not the ones who make seriously offensive animal cruelty jokes 24/7 just to piss off vegetarians as if only human life is sacred and everything else was put on this planet just for us to use them. I despise these people to know end, and wish I could become vegetarian because of them. But no matter how many times I try to become vegetarian, my parents tell me I can't. Ugh, sometimes I just wish I could move out.

...Also, one time I saw a show that talked about people who eat Flying Foxes (one of my favorite animals, I adore them really) and it made me sad to the point where I felt hypocritical about feeling sad for Flying Foxes, but not as much for cows and pigs, which is another reason that makes me want to be a vegetarian. As for cheese, eggs, milk, and honey? I'm indifferent about em.

Weasyl
    Mythil
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Bunnycorn View Post
    Honestly, I have always wanted to be a vegetarian, but my parents don't want me too. The reason I want to isn't just to help animals out, and possibly lose weight, and it's not to act superior to others, but my biggest reason for wanting to be a vegetarian is because, sometimes, I am ashamed of being assosiated with other meat eaters. WAY too often I see people go around bullying vegetarians about how they absolutely HAVE to eat meat and how veganism is evil and such. And honestly, I notice this a LOT more with meat eaters than I do with vegetarians. I do see vegetarians do it sometimes, but vegetarians are not the ones who make seriously offensive animal cruelty jokes 24/7 just to piss off vegetarians as if only human life is sacred and everything else was put on this planet just for us to use them. I despise these people to know end, and wish I could become vegetarian because of them. But no matter how many times I try to become vegetarian, my parents tell me I can't. Ugh, sometimes I just wish I could move out.

...Also, one time I saw a show that talked about people who eat Flying Foxes (one of my favorite animals, I adore them really) and it made me sad to the point where I felt hypocritical about feeling sad for Flying Foxes, but not as much for cows and pigs, which is another reason that makes me want to be a vegetarian. As for cheese, eggs, milk, and honey? I'm indifferent about em.
    I would say respect your parents and if you want to prove to them that it's good for you then I can give you all the information you need, I'm sure others can to so if you want to join the group then go right ahead.

The best thing you can do is be happy and healthy and then no one can argue with you. My father was a bit worried about it because I lost so much weight but then I stopped losing at 160 lbs and went back up to 175 when I started do heavier lifts at the gym. Mind you, 160lbs is pretty good for a guy.

We can help you with the information you need and remember that, people will oppose you, but you need to just stay healthy and show them via results.

Need any help with martial arts stuff or 20th century cartoons/samurai cinema and gangster films?

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #35

Weasyl
    Fayv
    You're entitled to your opinion, but you're not getting me to change
    You are indeed entitled to your opinion and your lifestyle, you are not entitled to spreading misinformation about taxonomy.

Homo sapiens are omnivores, we have the characteristics for eating meat and vegetation. This is a basic biological fact.
    Humans are not carnivores, humans are not herbivores, humans are omnivores, this is not an opinion.

Taxonomy is not the destiny for all behavior. Because we are omnivores we have the opportunity to eat what is available for our dietary needs. This is why in the past and in groups of humans that are still living in hunter gatherer tribes akin to early man, it is a lot of hunting and gathering, needing both.

Humans in developed regions have much more variety on available calories and much less calorie demanding lifestyles. One can be vegetarian or vegan relatively easily compared to our basic evolved forms.
    The point overall is simply, there are many reasons to be vegan financial, ethical, health, etc. Attempting to claim it is because human beings are meant to be herbivores is false. It is simply false.

Weasyl
    Mythil
    Quote Originally Posted by Fay V View Post
    You are indeed entitled to your opinion and your lifestyle, you are not entitled to spreading misinformation about taxonomy.

Homo sapiens are omnivores, we have the characteristics for eating meat and vegetation. This is a basic biological fact.
    Humans are not carnivores, humans are not herbivores, humans are omnivores, this is not an opinion.

Taxonomy is not the destiny for all behavior. Because we are omnivores we have the opportunity to eat what is available for our dietary needs. This is why in the past and in groups of humans that are still living in hunter gatherer tribes akin to early man, it is a lot of hunting and gathering, needing both.

Humans in developed regions have much more variety on available calories and much less calorie demanding lifestyles. One can be vegetarian or vegan relatively easily compared to our basic evolved forms.
    The point overall is simply, there are many reasons to be vegan financial, ethical, health, etc. Attempting to claim it is because human beings are meant to be herbivores is false. It is simply false.
    True though I ask people to consider this. Any time a vegan says they are vegan you will get people who want to prove them wrong, insult them or just post pictures of bacon or just say something dumb like "Mmm bacon".

It gets infuriating for a lot of vegans to the point where they can snap, a lot. But one of the first comment was from a non vegan who wanted to provide information on how we're wrong, that can make you snap. Like a person who's been bullied a lot and someone makes a comment towards them and the go off.

I just want to put out a group for people who want to be vegans - vegetarians and talk amongst each other without this happening.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #37
    It gets infuriating for a lot of vegans to the point where they can snap, a lot. But one of the first comment was from a non vegan who wanted to provide information on how we're wrong, that can make you snap. Like a person who's been bullied a lot and someone makes a comment towards them and the go off.
    Deal with it. I've had about enough of you and your hypocritical attitude; "deal with it" is exactly what you said to people in your Tumblr thread, so don't go crying about how I'm "bullying" you for posting my own experiences on a forum without saying anyone was right or wrong.

Weasyl
    Mythil
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Deal with it. I've had about enough of you and your hypocritical attitude; "deal with it" is exactly what you said to people in your Tumblr thread, so don't go crying about how I'm "bullying" you for posting my own experiences on a forum without saying anyone was right or wrong.
    I was not saying you did, just that it happens.

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    I personally don't find any of the scientific arguments for vegetarianism/ veganism very helpful. Defensive meat eaters will simply sit on their stockpile of counter-stats and no one seems to get anywhere. It becomes a shouting match of "Nuh-uh I read this one study..."

I think it's more effective to make the ethical argument and appeal to peoples good will. Most people would probably say they love animals and if given the gun themselves would have a hard time putting a terrified animal (that wants to live of course. Living things like to stay alive) to death. A big part of the conversation is that the factory farming system controls information. Think about how much money meat companies make. It's absurd the amount of influence they have. The public only sees what they are allowed to see which is desensitizing imagery of happy pigs and cows. And cleanly cut and wrapped meat on grocery shelves. From birth we see pigs, chickens, cows, lamb as meat instead of animals that just want to live their lives.
    Watch me swooce right in.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Last edited by Gamedog; 08-01-2014 at 06:12 PM.